Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 3, 2022

Richard E Grant and Dispatches from Elsewhere?πŸ“¨πŸŽ„πŸ“²

I've gone down some pretty
deep rabbit holes following Richard E Grant's past and present life lately ... and I didn't really know who he was until this year, even though his face as an actor was familiar to me from a handful of movies and TV shows I had seen him in over the years.
Reading Richard's Twitter feeds since he has left Australia seems rather synchy, too, as far as some other subjects I have covered in other current posts over the weeks leading up to Christmas 2022, too.
Deer Me, You Wouldn't Read About it, Would You?πŸ“–πŸ¦Œ
The dulcet tones of ABC broadcaster Richard Fidler
 are not normally associated with fear ... or deer?
Blue Christmas?πŸŽ„πŸ¦
The Brisbane City Hall, Queensland, Australia
I didn't get to see his Brisbane show at QPAC this month in my hometown, but I did listen to his Conversations episode on Apple Podcasts a day or two after it was aired on Australian national radio on November 30th, 2022.
I had pretty much only taken notice of Richard's acting roles after I had watched a few films for various other synchromystic reasons and saw he seemed to be a common denominator in those movies I happened to watch only this year.
Everywhere I Look Lately There's Richard E. Grant?πŸ‘€
Last night I finally watched the
"cult classic" 'Withnal and I' (because someone uploaded it to You Tube for free) that set Richard's career off on its Forrest Gump like run through the years.
The Dance of Chance for an Avid Reader?
And no, he wasn't in Forrest Gump, that's just a metaphor for Richard's acting roles in my mind.
Grief 2 Growth When S#it happens?
Dispatches from Elsewhere is an American drama television series created by and starring Jason Segel that premiered on March 1, 2020, on AMCIt is based on the documentary film The Institute about the alternate reality game The Jejune Institute.
Jason Segel as Peter
Jason Segel as Jeff
"Grant is a fan of Barbra Streisand and has done a tour of Streisand's New York, visiting her early home, her high school, and the Village Vanguard, among other places."
Peter Bogdanovich passed away in 2022, which was also the 50th year anniversary of his film 'What's Up, Doc?' and Peter was born in 1939, the Year of the Rabbit:-)
Desert Island Discs: Richard E Grant, actor
Richard's book choice on Desert Island Discs is 'Alice in Wonderland' I see.
"Grant is a dual citizen of the United Kingdom and Eswatini (formerly Swaziland). He used to wear a watch on each wrist, one given to him by his dying father, permanently set on Swaziland time.
LIFE/TIME/MEME?
I thought it was rather synchromystic that Mia was the star of the only film Richard's late wife Joan Washington has a credit for as an actress at her IMDB page, and that Mia also played Alice.
I also see that Richard's wife Joan was Elizabeth's voice coach for the movie 'Tenet' and Elizabeth also voiced a character in 'Peter Rabbit':-)
Elizabeth Debicki as Mopsy
I did say I've gone down some pretty deep rabbit holes following Richard E Grant's past and present life lately:-)
Life, time and rabbits are all relative I guess:-)
I think that's enough rabbiting on about Richard, but I'm sure there will be more dispatches from elsewhere in future posts on this blog about Richard ... but only time will tell, I guess>;-)

UPDATE: December 13th, 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment