Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 31, 2022

The Evolution of Owls, Dinosaurs and Other Bird-Brained Theories?πŸ¦‰πŸ§ 

It seems like the
Chinese weren't too far off the mark with their flying dragon myths.
I'm not an owl person to be honest, but they have been turning up everywhere I look lately, except in real life, which always makes me think of the owl guy (Mike Clelland) and his obsession with owls and synchronicity.
John Carpenter, Owls, Screen Memories and Aliens?
I've had an unread book about Hegel on my bookshelf for years that I finally started reading the other day and of course there is an owl on the cover and throughout the book, too.
I also just started watching The Scientific Wonder of Birds on The Great Courses streaming service where episode/lecture 1 is about birds and dinosaurs and the origin of flight.
The series of lectures is given by Dr. Bruce Fleury who starts off be saying this series will be his swan song, and it sadly was, as I see he passed away in 2020.
Who? The Angel of Death?
"When philosophy paints grey on grey, then a shape of life has grown old"?!
I'm not a real fan of Hegel's overall theories, but I do think that there is a baby owl ... or seagull floating around in the bird-bathwater somewhere.
How I found my bookmark positioned
when I opened my book on Hegel:-)

UPDATE: December 31st, 2022 (and 1 hour until 2023 here)
I just saw the news breaking that Former Pope Benedict XVI passed away on the last day on 2022.
I wonder what Hegel or Jung would have said about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment