Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 12, 2022

I Had No Great Expectations About Watching the 2012 Movie Great Expectations, But ...?🍍

I was pleasantly and unpleasantly surprised in more ways than one while watching this
2012 movie.
I've heard of the novel 'Great Expectations' but have never read it or even knew much about what it was all about until last week when I took a deep dive into the story, as it's one of the books I'm told I must read before I die, and the only Dickens novel I ever owned and read was 'A Christmas Carol', which I have since given away.
I guess there comes a time in our life when curiosity gets the better of us and we don't worry about our expectations about how boring a book or movie might be?-)
Poe was in the Grip of Dickens' Raven?
I still don't plan on reading an actual book version of GE, but I am listening to a free audio reading of the novel on Apple Podcasts, which is nearly as good as reading the book to my mind ... pardon the pun:-)
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
Great Expectations (2012)
I never knew about this 2012 movie starring HBC and the now late Robbie Coltrane until I did a search through Apple TV for Great Expectations movies/TV series adaptions of the Dickens book last week.
It was the same price to buy as to rent, so I bought the movie and added it to the few that I have bought over the years online so far.
Ironically, I had just watched HBC as Frankenstein's potential bride in the 1994 movie she starred in, and I rented to watch on my TV in 2022.
How to Read and Watch Frankenstein from a 2022 Perspective?πŸŽ₯πŸ“–πŸŽ¬
Frankenstein (2004 miniseries)
Frankenstein and The Big Chill?πŸ₯Ά
Another thing I found personally synchromystic while watching GE was a food fight involving pineapples, of all things that you could throw at each other in a food fight:-)
Pineapple Head for People Who Like to Be Together Alone?🍍

No comments:

Post a Comment