Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

December 15, 2022

'The Player' Starring Richard E. Grant Turns 30 in 2022?πŸŽ¬πŸ‘

I've never watched the movie 'The Player' before watching it last night on Amazon Prime, apart from watching a You Tube once about the opening tracking shot lasting for over 7 minutes.
 'The Player' only came to my attention this year because I was going through Richard E, Grant's acting roles at his IMDB page and saw the movie was available for free with my Amazon Prime subscription.
Conversations Episode Broadcast 30 Nov 2022
What struck me in that WTF? way while watching 'The Player' was how Greta Scacchi played June Gudmundsdottir from Iceland in that movie, as I'm in the middle of reading a book about Iceland and its sagas called 'Saga Land' co-written by Richard Fidler who has just interviewed Richard E. Grant on his 'Conversations' radio/podcast show -
Starring Tim Robbins as Erik
I also watched Tim Robbins the star of 'The Player' playing 'Erik the Viking' in the 1989 Monty Python type comedy after I had watched 'The Player'.
It's one of the most boring and unfunny comedies I've ever seen to be honest.
I only really took notice of 
Richard E. Grant as an actor this year after noticing him in a number of movies I was watching because of books I was reading this year, such as Henry Miller's crap book 'Tropic of Cancer' and then watching movies he had starred in, like 'Henry & June' and the 30-year-old 1992 movie 'Dracula' -
Dracula, Love Remembered... and 30 Years?πŸ§›πŸ’Œ
I was surprised to learn of the passing of Fred Ward this year, as Fred played Henry Miller in 'Henry & June' and the head of studio security in 'The Player'.
Withnail & I (1987)
I had never watched 'Withnal & I' until 2022 and was amused that it was set in the English town of Penrith and in the movie a guy comes into the Penrith pub and bashes an eel to death on the bar.
The Penrith Panthers are the current NRL champions beating the Parramatta Eels in the 2022 NRL grand final:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment