Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 30, 2018

I’m Spiritual, Dammit: Lecy Goranson ... But What About Roseanne?

I’m Spiritual, Dammit: Lecy Goranson
I listened to this podcast above when it came out back in March and with today's news headlines about the 'Roseanne' TV show getting the chop it's worth listening to again I feel.
I like Lecy Goranson from what she says in the podcast, but I'm not familiar with her acting career too much, as I only ever watched a handful of 'Roseanne' shows when I was growing up to see what it was about, but couldn't get into the show.
I did see 'How to Make an American Quilt' when it came out, but I don't remember her character from the vague memory I have of the movie.
I've never been a fan of Roseanne Barr though and every-time I see or hear her doing something like this it just puts me off her as a person even more.  
When I was listening to this podcast back in March, I thought the TV show would be a hit, but I had the feeling that Roseanne would be her own undoing somehow.
I was shocked that she did it by metaphorically shooting her mouth off and killing the show of her namesake.
I like how in the podcast Lecy says how we don't use language to describe the SCOPE of our humanity and then Jenn says how we are all connected and everyone who has a different opinion is welcome at her Thanksgiving table, as long as they don't grab a firearm and go out and shoot people, then they aren't welcome at Thanksgiving.
Alicia Goranson as Angela Jo
Now there is an idea for a movie ... 'Hurricane Roseanne';-)
Ah, maybe not?
Kind of prophetic that the last show to air before croaking was an episode called 'Knee Deep'.

No comments:

Post a Comment