Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 8, 2018

A Beautiful Mind?!

Barbara Bush remembered as family's 'enforcer' at funeral attended by 1,500
I was thumbing through my local newspaper of April 25th, 2018, which was ANZAC Day in Australia and New Zealand, a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand that broadly commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders "who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations" and "the contribution and suffering of all those who have served".
Ironically, I was also reading a book I bought this year called
'Draw Your Weapons' by Sarah Sentilles, a book I bought when I met her in Brisbane when I attended a talk by her about her book -
Synchronicity, 42 and Owls?
Sarah Sentilles giving her talk in #42 earlier this year
On page 192 of 'Draw Your Weapons' is a quote by Barbra Bush from 2003.
"Explaining to Diana Sawyer on 'Good Morning America' in 2003 why she doesn't watch television, Barbara Bush said, "Why should we hear about body bags, and deaths?...It's not relevant. So, why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?""
And ironically with Barbra Bush passing away so close to 
ANZAC Day her death was all over the news media, including the April 25th newspaper I was thumbing through.
Also in the April 25th, 2018 newspaper was a picture of
Chris Hemsworth promoting his new Avengers movie,
'Avengers: Infinity War', which ironically opened on April 25th in Australia.
Also in 'Draw Your Weapons' were the quotes pictured below, one about Olympian gods, too.
I think days like ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day are important days to remember the fallen and the absurdity of wars.
My visit to the Australian War Memorial in Canberra
 in 2016 to find a family name 
I wrote about my visit to the Australian War Memorial in Canberra in this post in the link below -
Barnaby Re(d)-Joyce-ing Over the Depp's Video?
And books like 'Draw Your Weapons' are very good meditations on the absurdity of war, as well.
The above story about the carnage in Toronto was also in the April 25th, 2018 newspaper.
I guess we could ignore that news story and say to ourselves
"why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that?", too.
But every fallen body is somebody's body to remember and you can't ignore that, can you?
Oh, and that Trump tree planting ceremony I blogged about recently was also in the same April 25th, 2018 newspaper ... lest we forget.
Does Trump Deserve the Credit for Peace Talks with North Korea, or Should it be David Lynch and Mark Frost?
Out of sight, out of (a beautiful) mind?
The above movie of Russell Crowe's is really worth watching when it comes to the contemplation of war and fighting in them and the movie below isn't a bad one to watch, either;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment