Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 21, 2018

A Right Royal Ghost Story?

I just watched a haunting movie called 'A Ghost Story' where
Casey Affleck plays a guy who gets killed in a car crash and his trapped spirit is conveyed by him just wearing a bed-sheet with two eye-holes. 
After watching this existentially moving and haunting film I asked myself what could be more effective in telling this story like this than a plain white bed-sheet with two eye-holes?
Then I saw a news story showing Meghan Markle in her wedding dress entering the church and I thought bingo.
Royal wedding: Here's what you thought about Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's wedding
Meghan Markle as Megan
I find this idea even more haunting when considering the thoughts and ideas of 'A Ghost Story', especially when you think about one hundred years into the future from that wedding day.
I watched 'A Ghost Storyafter listening to the above podcast and deciding to look for a movie that might fit the bill of the ideas discussed in that podcast and I think that I kind of did.
I think that 'Melancholia' and 'A Ghost Story' would make a great thought provoking existentially moving double feature as well, but you might have to finish with a third film that makes you laugh about the absurdity of life so you don't spiral into depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment