Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 1, 2020

Early On He Decided He Really Wasn't a NIGEL, He Was a SAM and Changed His Name?

Nigel Lovelace
Sam Neill as Damien Thorn
Better Than Yesterday?
Sam Neill: The cheering-up business
What does the name Nigel mean?
Nigel would frequently (and politely) point
out other people's faults or mistakes.
I wasn't going to write up this post, but my inner Nigel kept on at me to do it when I ran across this Nigel synchronicity from last Monday.
On Monday morning I had already read the ABC news article about Sam Neill, where he said how he had changed his birth name of Nigel to Sam, but I was yet to see the 'Australian Story' TV show that was to air that night, which you can watch in the You tube below.
What does the name Sam mean?
SAM I AM: How Does Matter Give Rise To Consciousness: AM I SAM?
I wrote up this post early Monday morning after reading the article about the TV episode Sam was to appear on that night -
Sam Neill: The Cheering-up Business ... Cheers?-)
Better Than Yesterday?
I then listened to the latest 'Better Than Yesterday' podcast featuring Russ Harris, author of the book
'The Happiness Trap', which had dropped onto my Apple Podcast list that Monday, and had to laugh when Russ mentions his inner Nigel at the 1:01 mark of the podcast.
Room 101, introduced in the climax of the novel, is the basement torture chamber in the Ministry of Love, in which the Party attempts to subject a prisoner to their own worst nightmare, fear or phobia, with the object of breaking down their resistance.
You asked me once, what was in Room 101.
I told you that you knew the answer already.
Everyone knows it.
The thing that is in Room 101 is the worst thing in the world.
— O'Brien, Part III, Chapter V

What does the name Russ mean?
And then another happy 101 coincidence happ[y]ened last night as I was about to go to sleep.
Life, Death and the Space Between Podcast #101: You Are Getting Sleepy with Steve Burgess dropped onto my Apple Podcast list.
I don't recall the name Nigel being mentioned in that podcast, but then again, I'll need to listen to it once again, as I drifted off to sleep near the end.
Not that it was boring, but because I was just really tied when I started listening to the podcast.
It's actually a very good podcast I thought, I'll just have to play it again ... Sam;-)
To be honest, I've never thought of Nigel as a wanky arrogant name.
I always think of the Paul Hogan character of Nigel riding his skateboard around the streets of his rough neighbourhood in his black leather jacket with a white skull on it, and pointing out people's dark and arrogant  side to them.
And that Nigel character always makes me smile:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment