Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 22, 2020

Living Off the Land and Getting Back to Grass Roots?

"The Grass [Roots] is always greener"?
If I couldn't get food, I'd go hungry?
The Mud Crab version of the V sign?-)
I saw this click-batey story above on the ABC news site that seemed to suggest that the guy above was eating cane toads caught around his backyard, and SPOILER ALERT ... while he says that he was contemplating eating them he ends up ringing up a toad "expert" and then chickens out to go learn how to kill and eat chickens instead.
My toad coin purse for my car:-)
I wrote a post about buying a toad coin purse last year from a magick bookshop, which I thought was a good way of utilizing a pest that people just kill anyway, but I don't think I'd want to eat, or even lick one, to be honest -
WICCAPEDIA 🌟?
I just love that Daniel Johnston t-shit you're wearing Nick:-)
Watching these videos of Nick trying to be semi-self sufficient in and around his backyard takes me back to my teenage 'Grass Roots' magazine reading days of fantasizing about owning a little piece of land down Nimbin way and being a hybrid Hippie.
Nick's kind of living my old dream, in a way.
I still have my old 'Nimbin Town' patch perched on a bookcase shelf behind me.
In my "Nimbin University" T-shirt I bought at Bluefest 2012
First Death Cafe in Australia
But the fantasy of Hippie life as a Nimbin resident has long passed me by, like my dreams of playing in the World Cup final for the Socceroos.
Or even lacing on the boots for the Nimbin Headers now:-)
Wow, I never thought I would get nostalgic to see crowds like those, looking back from 2020:-)
I want to buy a Nimbin Headers jersey for my wardrobe collection now.
A field of trippy dreams looking at that shot from 2019 in 2020?-)
Field of  [Pipe] Dreams?-)
But I admire people who do have the [sporting] balls to give their dream a go, like Nick, and this American guy, in the You Tubes below.
When it comes to dreams, don't bite off more than you can chew, I guess?
But I do like the idea of growing and consuming my own mushrooms:-)
Magic Mushrooms and a Night in 'Dreamland'?
I still can't help thinking that Nick is just ripping off
Morgan Spurlock's 'Super Size Me' idea, but I'm still lovin' it anyway;-)
A dozen McDonald's outlets shut?
You want fries with that, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment