Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 4, 2020

The Beach is Peach/Sync or Swim/Just Keep Swimming?

Bar Beach, New South Wales, Australia
Byron Bay Beach, New South Wales, Australia
I woke up on the morning of the May the 1st  and turned the page over on my monthly wall calendar to see a picture of Bar Beach in Newcastle, Australia.
I had bought this calendar of Australian beach scenes to remind me to set off on my 2020 road-trip mid-year to Adelaide taking in the Great Ocean Road and maybe even going across to Tasmania for Dark Mofo.
My plan was to take a walk on as many of those beaches as I could in 2020.
Ironically, the beach for April is one of my most favourite beaches and is the beach that I probably have walked along most in my life.
I was planning another long walk on that Byron beach in April when (before the Covid 19) I was planning to be down there to go see Alanis Morisette play Bluesfest -
2020: Isn't it Ironic?
Bluesfest is planning on opening on April 1st, 2021?!
I spotted a rat on my walk in Newcastle in 2016, ironically:-)
2020: As Good As It Gets?
Jake Kotze's Jack/Leo/Year of the Rat mash-up Instagram:-)
Ironically on my only Newcastle beach walk I have ever done in my life (so far ...touch wood) I spotted a rat -
New Castle? See Change?
Sophie Hardcastle Spilling the Beanz Along with Osher on Their Mental Health in These Times of Covid 19 and Self-isolation?
Mayday?!
Where I live you are allowed to the beach if you live within 50kms of one.
The best one in that range from me, in my opinion, is Redcliffe, which is where that 1st of May music video above was shoot all those years ago.
Heidi Regan vs Sharks?
Maybe I'll have better luck in 2021 ... if can I make it that far?-)
Anyway, I'm probably getting ahead of myself, because today is May the 4th:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment