Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 21, 2020

You Can't Have Your Cake and Eat it Too ... in Lock-down?

After listening to this ABC Coronacast podcast Sunday morning and hearing them talk about birthday cakes with no candles after and during the lock-down, I decided to check out
Alan Green's fistful of Stones he threw on the media table for us to spot the gold nuggets he found by melding
'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' with the
Rolling Stones 'Let It Bleed' -
"Wash those hands properly Wendy!":-)
Bacardi Rum/Redrum/Bat?!
From Jake Kotze's Instagram feed:-)
From Jake Kotze's Instagram feed:-)
Randonauts: Explore The World You Never Knew Existed?
I can't say that I was that impressed with Alan Green's mind-blowing discovery with bleeding the two artworks together, but then maybe I had to be Stoned out of my mind when watching it?-)
But I found it worth watching, because I hadn't seen
'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' for years, and in this time of world-wide lock-down I couldn't help thinking how the Cuckoo's Nest and 'The Shining' would make a great double bill at the drive-ins right now, as far as lock-down, madness and self-isolation themes go.
I saw Cuckoo's Nest at the cinema when it first came out, when I was in primary school and my friend wanted to catch the bus into the city and watch it on the big screen.
Oddly, I was mad enough to get married on November 19th, 1988:-)
I hated the movie and I can't recall ever watching the movie right through until last Sunday, although not being able to hear what was being said for the Stones Green threw into the mix:-)
I couldn't help thinking though just how much Stanley Kubrick was influenced by Cuckoo's Nest when making 'The Shining'?
One Flew Over the Rolling Stones
KING KILL?!
Scatman died on November 22nd?!
Jack Nicholson and Scatman Crothers in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)
The Shinings, Coincidence, or Just a Plate of Shrimp?
Alan Green seems to be obsessed with "King Kill" themes I've noticed over the years:-)
Another motivation for me to watch
'One Flew Over the Rolling Stones' on Sunday was that I had already booked a drive-in trip with my eldest son to go watch 'Jumanji 2' starring Danny DeVito, who was also in
'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest'.
Danny DeVito in Jumanji: The Next Level (2019)
Oddly, the only board-game I saw Danny Devito playing in
Cukoo's Nest was Monopoly.
Isn't 22/7 Pi?-)
UNTOUCHED: Mother's Day in Oz?
Jennifer Aniston in Cake (2014)
The drive-in was packed out in field #1 where 'Jumanji 2' was playing on Sunday night, and on the other two fields were
'Sonic the Hedgehog' and a singalong version of 'Frozen'.
Seeing Sonic Under a Super Full Moon and Hearing the Movie Through the Radio in the Time of Social Distancing?

No comments:

Post a Comment