Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 18, 2018

As Good as Gold: Beer Prices to Spike as Climate Heats Up, Scientists Warn?

No XXXXing man ... or woman ... is an island?
I went on a tour of my local brewery with my youngest son on Tuesday night only because I had seen a coupon in the local paper for a free brewery tour.
I didn't even pay for the paper, as my mother gets the morning paper delivered to her home every morning and I just tell her to keep them for me to read and then I throw them out into my recycling bin when I've finished reading them.
How's that for sustainability in action?-)
It certainly sustains my money.
I'd been on this tour years ago when the brewery first started doing tours and when my son was too young to be doing brewery tours, so I offered to pay for his tour if he drove us in so I could have a drink while he stuck to the legal driving limit for consuming beer.
As luck would have it, we were the only ones on the 5 o'clock tour.
They start off the tour by showing a film of the history of beer ... which is now outdated I told our tour guide after the movie, because the oldest brewery was discovered a few weeks back -
'World's oldest brewery' found
To be honest XXXX is not my first choice when it comes to drinking beer (unless I'm drinking a mid-strength beer, then it would be XXXX Gold), even though I grew up in this city.
Not my first choice when it comes to beer
Battling Booze Addiction in Australia?
My choices these days for big Australian beer brands would be Boags, Coopers and Tooheys New, but I also tend to drink boutique brands, as well.
These days Tooheys New, which is traditionally a beer associated with the state of New South Wales is brewed in the same XXXX brewery as the traditional Queensland beer XXXX.
Now, if I could travel back to the football stadium up the road in Dr. Who's time machine and land back in the 80s at a 'State of Origin' football match and tell the local drinkers that in 2018 there would be just as much New South Wales beer brewed at the XXXX brewery as XXXX, they would have turned me into a woman right then and there.
Cartons of Tooheys New and XXXX on the brewery docks
Suncorp Stadium (AKA Lang Park)
as seen from the
XXXX brewery
And God knows what would have happened to me if I also told them that in 2018 Dr. Who would be a woman?-)
Doctor Who: Jodie Whittaker is the first woman to play the Doctor
Yeah, I could certainly tell those good ol' 80s boys a thing or two about the events between 2018 and their time (which was/is also my time, come to think of it) which would turn their beer drinking into a whine;-)
But now the local media are trying to tell me horror stories about the future, as in this global, not so heart warming news story about the price of beer in the future, as if it ain't deer enough already.
The Jacaranda tree across from the XXXX brewery bar
The thing is it's not too hard to see the effects of "global warming" already, as looking across the road from the brewery bar I noticed the Jacaranda tree was in full bloom with its purple flowers and it's only mid-October.
When I was growing up in Brisbane these trees weren't in full bloom until November at the earliest.
Time for Jacarandas and Jack-o-lanterns in Oz?
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we dry?! 
The XXXX brewery's bar's veranda and street view
An old XXXX advert from the past which I bought on the night
The Stuff They Don't Want You To Know is That They Don't Really Know?
The brewery tour certainly was an eye-opener when it comes to the multi-national world of beer brewing.
And what are the news media trying to imply about us Shark fans?
That we drink like fish?-)
Here's to the future.
Cheers ... hopefully.
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment