Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 31, 2020

Justin Townes Earle Dies at 38?

"Justin Townes Earle, an acclaimed singer-songwriter in the Americana/alt-country field and the son of Steve Earle, has died at age 38, according to an announcement on his social media accounts."
This news hit me harder than most this past week, as I've met Justin's father Steve a few times over the years and have fond memories Steve's live performances at the Byron Bay Blues Fest -
Good Friday at Bluesfest 2016
Steve Earle at Bluesfest 2016
I can't imagine the emotional pain of outliving my own sons, so my heart goes out to you Steve.  
I think Justin's cover of Bruce's 'Atlantic City' is quite apt, as I strongly believe that, "And maybe everything dies, baby, that's a fact, but maybe everything that dies someday comes back..."
Although, that's probably not much comfort when you have to deal with the events surrounding this life first.
The date of the 13th of September would have meant nothing to me back in 2010, but in 2016 when my father died on that date it has since lodged into my memory as one of those dates I can't forget -
You Can Never Walk Along the Same River Twice
RELEASED SEPTEMBER 13?
My thoughts are with you and Justin's family in this tough year of 2020 Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment