Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 17, 2020

A Saturday of Proctoring Sharks?

The Great Shark Constellation commonly known as the Pleiades
The Cronulla Sharks' jersey 'Coming Together'
The woman's companion, who was surfing nearby, punched the shark repeatedly?
Gold Coast captain Kevin Proctor was sent off for allegedly biting a Shark?
The word PROCTOR means to watch people taking an exam in order to check that they do not cheat?!
Being a life member of the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks Football Club I couldn't help noticing a few truly bizarre news stories that took place on Saturday.
A surfer suffered severe cuts to her leg in a shark attack at Shelly Beach in Port Macquarie, on the NSW north coast.
"The woman's companion, who was surfing nearby, punched the shark repeatedly until it let go, police and surfers said."
Her husband came to the rescue, jumping on the shark and punching it repeatedly until it let her go
I'm quite familiar with the town of Port Macquarie, having stayed there 3 times in 2016, the year my Sharkies won their first ever NRL grand final trophy.
There's enough is room for a 2020 date on my arm, too;-)
And I wrote this post about the town of Port Macquarie in June this year -
The Next BIG Thing For Australia?
My Observations of Time and Space in Port Macquarie
A picture of the Pleiades on the outside observatory wall reflecting the beach.
On my third stay in Port Macquarie in 2016, I had deliberately booked a night in the motel I had seen the firetrucks with my father's old taxi number on them attending on my first trip to the town.
My goal was to head to the observatory to view the nighttime sky that night.
My father had died just over a week before I made the trip down, and the constant rain which was in Port Macquarie that afternoon/night made it look like I wasn't going to get to look through the telescope, but like some Biblical miracle the thick clouded sky parted just long enough for me and the observatory guests that night to get a great look at the planet Saturn, before the clouds closed just as quickly again to cover the sky and bring more rain.
Talk about astronomical odds:-)
A koala artwork across the road from the observatory with the observatory painted on it
I guess that explains the Sharks blue jerseys then?-)
One thing I didn't know until reading a news story last weekend is that the Pleiades is the great Shark Constellation for the First Nations people.
Shaun Johnson kicking the last 2 points against Brisbane in Brisbane on July 31st
Ironically I just happened to be sitting behind the goals when the Sharks were wearing their Indigenous jerseys and played in my hometown during the Indigenous round of the NRL on the last day of "Dry July", Friday July 31st -
The End of Dry July?
I'd like to believe my mental magick had a part to play in our miracle come from behind win, but I guess we'll never know, will we?-)
I did not partake in 'Dry July' this year, nor have I ever, to be honest, maybe next season?-)
My non-alcoholic stout arrived in August, cheers.
It's the best non-alcoholic stout that I've tasted, too
Not to mention the best non-alcoholic beer, as well
I might do a 'Half Dry August', but I'm not promising anything while the Sharkies are playing Champagne football:-)
"The Cronulla Sharks' jersey 'Coming Together' was designed by Bidjara artist Alara Geebung.
The design represents reconnection with the ways of our old people and oneness with mother nature and equanimity of mind.
The animals pay tribute players' totems and represent oneness with land, sky and sea.
"

But sitting down last Saturday with a non-alcoholic beer and watching the Sharks No.7 get bitten by a Titan, made me think Shaun should have done what another #7 once did to a shark;-)
Mick Fanning is attacked by a shark during the J-Bay Open final
Sometimes football and Sharks just drives me to drink ... but not always an alcoholic one, thank goodness:-)
The End of Dry July?
For Whom the Bells Toll and FEAR?
So, nothing to see here?

UPDATE: October 12th, 2021
When I was sitting at the Sandstone Point Hotel having a drink in the beer garden overlooking Bribie Island last Wednesday, I couldn't help thinking this pot plant reminded me of a 
Gold Coast Titans player for some reason:-)
No wonder I kept feeling like I should get a bite to go with my drink:-P
I hope that the hotel staff decorate the hair-do for Christmas:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment