Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

September 3, 2019

Greening the Paranormal and Just in Time for Spring if You Happen to Live Down-under as I Do?

SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE PODCAST #261 GREENING THE PARANORMAL: A NEW WAY OF INVESTIGATING WITH DR. JACK HUNTER
A page from the book 'The Magpie and the Wardrobe' 
September in my part of the planet (Australia) means spring is here, but in the northern part of the world it is autumn (or Fall as Americans call it).
Having lived in Australia all of my life (barring 10 days living in New Zealand in 1977) September is ingrained in my mind as the start of spring.
So when I pick up my wonderful (and I do mean it as being full of wonder) book 'The Magpie and the Wardrobe' and it tells me September means autumn/harvest is here, it's a real disconnect in my mind, because September means spring is here to me.
Not only that, but September is my month of birth, which means come the 23rd of the month, it marks another year around the sun for me.
A Dark Moon Festival for 2019?
The 23rd of September down here, more or less, is the
Spring Equinox, not the Autumn Equinox, so the
"as above, so below" maxim doesn't translate when it comes to seasons and seasonal holidays between Earth's hemispheres.
September 13th has been recently a date of significance for me also, as my father passed away on that date in 2016.
September 13th is also highlighted in the book
'The Magpie and the Wardrobe' as being Roald Dahl Day.
My father died on what would have been 
Roald Dahl's 100th birthday.
I can't say that I'm a real fan of Roald Dahl, even if my two boys are/were (they loved the movie 'The Witches' for some reason I can't fathom), but I guess we all like a good fairy story before going to sleep.
And a reboot is in the works I see starring Anne Hathaway
According to the book 'The Magpie and the Wardrobe', September seems to be a month associated with fairies.
And while I have never taken psychedelic drugs up to this point in my life, mushrooms and fairies seem to go hand in hand when I listen to people like Jack Hunter in the podcast at the top of this post and to people like Shonagh Home in a recent podcast she was on at Niles Heckman's podcast site -
An Infinite Path Podcast #87: Shonagh Home
Listening to people talk about "fairy" encounters while on mushrooms or in other altered states of consciousness reminds me of the work of Jacques Vallee and the "UFO phenomena".
So September gives me a lot to think about just in my "normal" state of waking consciousnesses.
And here is something from the book
'The Magpie and the Wardrobe' to give Chris Knowles at
'The Secret Sun' blog to ponder with all of his investigations of all things pearly;-)
Purple is the colour for September according to this witchey book, which is the colour of the pill you would get if you squashed a 
red pill and a blue pill into one big pill:-)
Much to ponder for me in this chapter of September I think.
The truth is out there ... or in your head there maybe ... that is unless your mind is out there, too?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment