Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 23, 2021

The Melbourne Demons are Minor Premiers for 2021 and That's No Furphy?

The 2021 AFL minor premiers
with their
Furphy tale ending
I must admit that I turned the Melbourne Demons v Geelong Cats game off once Geelong were 40 in front, even though a little voice told me I'd be sorry in the end if I did.
Luckily I went to check the score on the internet to see how much the Dees had lost by and was gob-smacked to see that they were trailing by only just 2 points with 5 minutes of play left.
So I switched the TV back on and watched the Demons kick the winner after the hooter sounded, like I was watching a Furphy Beer commercial.
This season will be one to remember for many reasons, but what a way to end the regular season, before the finals begin?
And all with a Furphy Beer poster on the wall of the winning dressing room, too:-)
Cheers to the Dees for an excellent season so far, but I think my Lions might put a damper on things in Adelaide on Saturday night, no Furphy either I hope:-)
Ron McDees ...
want
fries with that?-)
Tell God Your Travel Plans?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment