Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

May 30, 2019

Witchetty Grubs, Dreaming, Termites and Synchronicity?

I don't usually remember my dreams when I awake in the morning, but last week I remembered dreaming about being in a house that I thought was being eaten by termites, only to pull back a few large planks of wood to reveal witchetty grubs eating the wood of the house.
I thought it was a bit of a strange dream as I had never heard of a home being eaten by witchetty grubs before, but of course termites are always a worry for home owners.
I'd recently bought a new kitchen floor mat with images of moths and witchetty grubs, so I was pretty sure this was why I had dreamed of the grubs and the termites. 
Could have just been my anxiety of thinking about selling my home and putting it on the market -
Which Life Path to Take?
Witchetty Grubs Dreaming: 2049 and Beyond and the Future of Food?
After laying in bed for a while puzzling over the dream, I gave up and picked up the book on my bedside table that I was reading at the time titled 'The Many Faces of Coincidence', as it was still quite early in the morning, but I didn't feel like sleeping any longer, even though I was still kind of sleepy.
I was still wondering about the termite/grub dream when I came across the passage in the book pictured above about
Frederick Forsyth who claimed that a termite riddled tree gave way as a sniper took a shot at his head and the bullet went whizzing by his head just missing him.
This really struck me as a synchronicity reading about a termite riddled tree in a section of a book I had never read before, just after dreaming about infested wood that I thought was caused by termites, but turned out to be grubs what were on their way to morphing into moths instead.
I'd never read any Frederick Forsyth novels in my life, but I did go to the cinema to see two movies that were made from his novels, 'The Day of the Jackal' and 'The Odessa File'.
I was pretty young when I saw those two movies, but I always remember how lucky the French President was when he bent down and the bullet smashed into the pavement foiling what would have been a killer head shot.
The movie was about a professional assassin code-named "Jackal" who plots to kill Charles de Gaulle, the President of France.
Looking up Charles de Gaulle's details on Wikipedia I was surprised to see his birthday was November 22nd, which is now famous for being the date of the anniversary of the day Kennedy was shot and killed.
And I was surprised to see that de Gaulle passed away on the 9th of November which is a date that Trump found out he had won the Presidency of the USA.
I was expecting to find out that Frederick Forsyth had passed away years ago, but no, he is still alive and kicking and dodging bullets from the grim reaper.
Synchromysticism, Mega-Synchronicity, Chance and COINcidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment