Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 25, 2019

The Bells and Whistles of "Angelic Wicca"?

Supernatural Pentagram Castiel Angel Wing Wicca
I just finished reading a book called 'Wiccapedia' which claims to be about the beliefs of "Angelic Wicca" and its practice.
It's definitely an interesting and thought-provoking book to read, and while it's good in parts, just like The Bible, it's a poor book as a cohesive whole, I think.
I can hear white witches cursing me now (that's if you were allowed to ... which you are not according to the book) and Christians cursing me to hell (apparently it doesn't matter what your book says, because you'll just cherry pick a passage out of it to justify your un-Christian murderous rage anyway ... so try reading the whole book for once you guys;-).
The words "Angelic Wicca" bring to my mind Anjelica Huston in the movie 'The Witches' for some reason, even though her character (although I've never watched the whole movie or read the book) would be the antitheses of a "white witch" I would imagine. 
I'll have to give 'The Witches' a watch, because it was directed by one of my favourite director's, the late Nic Roeg, who made such classics as 'Walkabout' and 'The Man Who Fell to Earth'.
And I see another one of my favourite directors is making
the re-boot of that movie due out in 2020.
There is a lot I like about the practice of Wicca and Christianity, but I could never see myself professing to those religions hook, line and sinker.
My hangups about Wicca and Christianity are pretty much, though not all, the same as Samantha's rant in the You Tube below.
Although I like tarot cards and don't see how they have anything to do with witchcraft apart from the fact a lot of "witches" use them.
I'll stick with the "I'm spiritual, but not religious" answer when someone asks me what religion I am, as I just see religions as a dividing tool to be used by the people who like to exert control over other humans with their BS stories of hell, or just as a way for those higher up in those religions to make a quick buck off "their" flock.
I guess people just like the idea of protection as a group from all of those evil people not like "us".
Which brings me to what motivated me to write this chapter (apart from Satan offering me a job promotion that is;-), a section in 'Wicccapedia' about "protection for your home and workplace".
And in that section it is written that wind chimes and bells are good repellents of negative energies.
That got me to thinking about Mike Oldfield's haunting tune 'Tubular Bells', a tune that was pretty much the spinal cord of the soundtrack to the film 'The Exorcist'.
So, did the producers of that movie put in the wind-chimes and bells in an effort to ward off any evil cinema going spirits and demons, or was it in the soundtrack to give the viewer a false sense of protection?
I see 'The Millennium Bell' turns 20 years old this year, so with the world not coming to an end in 1999, 2000 or 2012 maybe those bells and chimes are doing the trick after all:-)
I just love Tori's performances, but I've never heard her play that one until now.
Thanks for getting the boss off my back Tori;-)
As much as I like the tune 'Tubular Bells', the makers of the movie 'The Exorcist' have done what Kubrick did to me with the song 'Singing in the Rain' when he made 'A Clockwork Orange'.
The Clockwork Orange Effect?
And as much as I don't like watching naked men take a bath, that wasn't the 'Singing in the Rain' scene from the movie that put me off the song when I was around 17 years old ... although that probably didn't help either:-)
But my question is that if bells ward off evil spirits, then why do Christian lunatics like this guy in the You tube below make movies titled 'Hell's Bells'.
What an oxyMORON (ding dong?-) and pun intended when it comes to that guy.
And that hypocrite singer named "Priest" rocking up in a limo to protest eating pig, while actually eating pig ... what a dick?!
That reminds me that I have to change the batteries in my front doorbell, as you never know who will come a knockin' ... but at least I can't hear those 'Watchtower' magazine sellers when they press my doorbell and the batteries are flat:-) 
I guess there is always an upside to everything in this world ... and beyond?
Just don't let it bring you down:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment