Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 30, 2019

Godzilla: King of the Monsters Explained?

I went and saw the movie 'Godzilla: King of the Monsters' this month at the cinema with my sons thinking that this was the Godzilla movie filmed in my hometown of Brisbane
and on the Gold Coast.
But that's the next one I found out from my sons before going in to the cinema.
I probably wouldn't have bothered seeing this movie had I have known that, as I'm not a fan of Godzilla movies to be honest.
I don't really like imagining some of my favourite buildings in the world getting destroyed by a giant lizard like in that screen shot above taken from some crappy Japanese Godzilla movie.
I was only going to this movie because my eldest son told me they were filming a Godzilla movie outside of his workplace in the Brisbane CBD a few weeks back and he saw Millie Bobby Brown standing on the street in between takes, but this was for the
Godzilla vs Kong movie, not the one I saw.
I have to say that apart from the crappy acting I didn't mind this movie on a metaphorical level, even though the story-line was pretty stupid.
I liked the idea of a giant moth representing the spirit of the earth, as I've written about moths quite a bit lately showing up in my own life -
Raising a Psychic Child?
And I like the idea of a three headed dragon escaping from Antarctica representing climate change and wrecking havoc on the Earth.  
Although as I'm watching this movie I couldn't help thinking that the writers of this movie are readers and fans of Chris Knowles's blog 'The Secret Sun' for some reason.
And they did let the monsters destroy Chris' hometown of Boston in the movie, plus there was a very Gordon White brief type explanation of the differences between the good Chinese dragon and the European bad dragon.
Probably just a coincidence.
I've got to say that on a synchromyistic level this movie Millie is working on called 'The Thing About Jellyfish' has caught my attention and sounds interesting to me -
Jellyfish: A Ubiquitous Creature?
Looks like fun times ahead, maybe?

1 comment:

  1. Hi. ValdeandeMΓ‘gico has interesting theories and explanations about Godzilla's plot. The video is in Spanish.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6H5IsjHsWo

    ReplyDelete