Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 1, 2019

What Will Children's Day Look Like in 2040?

I went to the Palace Cinemas in Byron Bay yesterday to see the movie 'Rocketman' and picked up a flyer about a movie called '2040', which is about finding practical solutions to environmental concerns with the hope that the filmmaker's daughter, 21 years old in the year 2040, will face a hopeful future.
The end of 'Rocketman' coincidentally shows a real life picture of Elton with his husband and two small children and a caption about how he is retiring from touring to raise his young sons.
This morning I tore off yesterday's May 31st page on my
Chinese wall calendar to reveal a June 1st page informing me that it is Children's Day today and I couldn't help wondering what Children's Day in 2040 would be like, or even if there would be one at all.
The Palace Cinemas is located in the region’s new multi-million dollar retail precinct Mercato on Byron.
It is one of the first retail precincts in Australia to be awarded
Five Star Green Star Retail Centre Design v1 2018 rating for its low carbon footprint.
A (recycled?-) cardboard cutout of Chris at Byron
The Byron Bay Palace Cinemas are Chris Hemsworth's local cinemas and I couldn't remember if I ran into him there yesterday or not;-)
I have a vague feeling I did though for some reason:-)
The message in my complementary
 fortune cookie from last night
After the movie I headed up the road (literally) to Bangalow to a Chinese restaurant for a delicious vegetable omelet before seeing a play called 'Dreamland' at the local hall in Bangalow.
The main street of Bangalow, NSW, Australia last night
 I just hope we leave our kids more of a Dreamland than a
hell of a nightmare for 2040.
Except for the Point, the Still Point, There Would Be No Dance, and There is Only Dance?
'Dreamland' in Bangalow May 31st, 2019
And I have to say that 'Dreamland' was one of the most imaginative and best plays I have ever seen, next to 'Single Asian Female'.
Might make for a couple of good Baz Luhrmann films?-)
Single Asian Female

No comments:

Post a Comment