Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 14, 2019

3(I?)AM?

I wasn't familiar with F.Scott Fitzgerald's quote until I read
Sibyl Hunter's chapter in 'The Sync Book' a few weeks ago.
"In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o'clock in the morning, day after day.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
Sibyl's chapter is the first chapter in 'The Sync Book' and one of the most thought provoking chapters in both of the Sync Books I think.
I heard the '42 Minutes' boys say that Sibyl's birthday falls on
April 1st, which is April Fool's Day and is probably why
'The Sync Book' editor Alan Green chose Sibyl's chapter to be the first one in the book.
42 Minutes Podcast 10.02.12 Episode 51: Sibyl Hunter
A planet paints a thousand words, hey Sibyl?-)
I actually just watched these two movies for the first time a week or two ago, thanks to listening to Sibyl on the '42 Minutes' podcast above.
I don't recall those movies being released at the cinema in my part of the world (Australia), but 'A Thousand Words' is on Netflix right now and I found a real poor quality You Tube upload of
'The Odd Life of Timothy Green' on the internet.
Isn't the number of man #6 ... or 666?-)
Tarot card #15? (1+5=6)
I like how Sybil writes in her chapter of  'The Sync Book' about F.Scott Fitzgerald's quote from his short story 'The Crack Up' and the significance of three o'clock further underscored in the Bible where it gave the time of 3 o'clock being the time Christ's spirit left his body on the cross (Matt. 27:45, 50)not that I'm big into the Bible, which I see as mainly just a collection of some cool and not so cool myths.
Sibyl writes that if you look at the face of a clock at three o'clock, the minute hand is pointing to the number 12 and the hour hand is pointing to the number 3.
I couldn't help thinking that 12+3=15, the number of the
Devil Card in the Tarot deck.
And that 1+5=6, the number of man, or a prisoner of their own making perhaps?
2019 is the 10th year since Patrick's
passing in
2009 on the 13th
"The Devil card shows Baphomet, or the Horned Goat of Mendes, a creature that is half man, half goat.
Baphomet originally represented the balance between good and evil, male and female, and human and animal; however, more recently, this figure has been linked to the occult and has become a scapegoat for all things
considered ‘evil’["live" spelled backwards?].
The Devil has the wings of a vampire bat, an animal that sucks the lifeblood out of its prey, symbolic of what happens when you give in to your raw desires.
He has a hypnotic stare which ‘magnetises’ and entrances those who come near him, bringing them under his power.
Above him is an inverted pentagram – a sign of the darker side of magic and occultism.
He raises his right hand in the Vulcan Salute – a Jewish blessing, later made famous by the film series, Star Trek.
In his left hand, he holds a lit torch.
At the foot of the Devil stand a man and a woman, both naked and chained to the podium on which the Devil sits.
They appear to be held here against their will – but look closer, and you will notice that the chains around their necks are loose and could be easily removed.
Each has small horns on their head, like the devil’s, a sign that they are becoming increasingly like him the longer they stay here.
Both have tails, a further symbol of their animalistic tendencies and raw instincts, and the grapes and the fire on their respective tails signify pleasure and lust."
"3 a.m. is a short released on the Youtube channel Animation on FOX about the 2016 presidential election."
"The most famous version of the ‘Witching hour’ is the hour between 03:00AM and 04:00AM.
Ironically, in 2016 on the 13th of September my mother rang me at around 3am to tell me my father had just passed away in the nursing home he was in.

I had seen 'Cloud Atlas' once before when it was released at the cinema, but after listening to Sibyl and Anadae talk about the movie in the #55 episode of the '42 Minutes' podcast, I watched it again on Netflix and then remembered that I still had David Mitchell's book 'The Bone Clocks' unread on my bookshelf, which I had bought years before.
My father was a cab driver, so the back cover of 'The Bone Clocks' really grab my attention.
Might be time for me to read 'The Bone Clocks' it I think.
Sync is one very long journey it seems for us fools;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment