Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 21, 2019

The Corsica Cat-Fox?

A Bowie eyed Corsica cat-fox?!
When I saw this news story above about the Corsica cat-fox I couldn't help thinking of Chris Knowles' Secret Sun siren saga and Tim Buckley's 'Song to the Siren' -
Coffee and the Siren's Song
Recorded 50 years ago?
Star sailors?
Released 20 years ago?
Died 20 years ago?
Archetype-cast?
Did I dreamed you dream about me?
Were you hare [cat] when I was fox?
Now my foolish boat is leaning
Broken lovelorn on your rocks
For you sing:
'Touch me not, touch me not, come back tomorrow
O my heart, o my heart, shies from the sorrow'

"The origin of the name Corsica is subject to much debate and remains a mystery.
To the Ancient Greeks it was known as Kalliste, Corsis, Cyrnos, Cernealis, or Cirné.
Of these Cyrnos, Cernealis, or Cirné derive from the most ancient Greek name of the island, "Σειρηνούσσαι" ("Seirinoussai", meaning of the Sirens), the very same Sirens mentioned in Homer's Odyssey."
And keep an eye out for cat-foxes if you land in Corsica;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment