Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 28, 2019

Questioning Faith?

I haven't read this book, nor do I intend to,
but it sounds good to me on paper
:-)
I don't see myself as a religious person, even though I do believe in "God" for lack of a better word, and while I do see "God" in most religions of the world, I don't see "God" in any one religion of the world, as to me "God" is bigger than all religions and faiths.
I have a Theosophical Society trinket hanging up near my computer that states that "there is NO Religion higher than truth" and I fully believe that statement, even though I am not a Theosophist and have no desire to become one, either.
To me even Jesus is just a mythological person, but a strong archetype that still points the way to a spiritual life and to "God" whatever that mysterious force is.
I don't believe any soul is lost to mythical places like hell, but I do believe in karma.
So I go by that modern clichΓ© of "I'm spiritual, but not religious".
I actually like High Church ceremony and the act of communion in Roman Catholic and Anglican Churches, even if I don't believe in some of the dogma in those Churches.
Mind you I feel just as spiritual going to a Buddhist temple or into nature, because to me "God" is everywhere anyway.
Which to me doesn't mean that life is all good, either.
If there is a hell, then this is it I feel.
It's the playing field we learn our lessons on while "God" watches from the sideline until the game is over or we get pulled off the playing field before it's over.
Yeah, sure "God" can coach from the sideline and run messengers out to the players on the field, but the players have to play their own game.
Well, that's the story I like to believe anyway, and the one that makes the most sense to me.
Speaking of Jung Podcast Episode 48: Dennis Merritt
I like to think of "God" as the Big Spectacle in the skies that sees everything going on everywhere through us and around us all ... and to me that is real communion;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment