Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 4, 2019

A Practitioner of the Craft?

I'm reading Benebell Wen's excellent book 'The Tao of Craft' and one thing I really liked when reading the book was the term "practitioner" used for the person practicing whatever "craft" they are into.
F U Talismans?
Jahkara Smith in NOS4A2 (2019)
And no, I'm not a Wiccan or Pagan just
because you see this in my home
 
Personally I get sick of hearing people say 
"I'm a witch/magician/Christian/Wiccan/Pagan ... whatever".
I've heard people on podcasts really have trouble with what to call themselves when describing just what it is they are into when it comes to magick/witchcraft ... whatever.
Couldn't you just say that you are a practitioner of whatever it is you happen to be practicing? 
For instance, just because I know a few stage magic tricks does that give me the right to call myself a stage magician?
Probably not, but I could honestly call myself a stage magic "practitioner", because I am someone who practices stage magic, even if James Randi would have real trouble seeing my pathetic bag of tricks as a magic act worth looking into;-)
Wow, James turns 91 the day before the Lion's Gate of 8/8 on 
August 7th, 2019.
Transition into Leo ♌️ and the 8-8-2019 Lions Gate Activation ... Sirius-ly?
From Jake Kotze's Instagram feed
I thought James would have really disappeared off the face of the earth by now, the last real disappearing trick a "practitioner" of stage magic will ever perform in their earthly career -
The Buzz Around Magic, Mentalisim, Illusion and Planning Your Ultimate Escape?
I'm sure that we all practice stuff that we aren't really that good at and probably couldn't make a living off those skills, but we can still call ourselves a "practitioner" of whatever craft that is, without coming across as just a wanker:-)
While I wouldn't consider myself a real wanker, you can call me a "practitioner" of that craft if it makes you feel better about me because I've hurt your feeling by writing this post:-)
Practice makes perfect, as they say, so wouldn't it make more sense to say, "I'm a practitioner of ...[insert whatever you are practicing here], rather than telling people that you are a witch/warlock/magician/Fundamentalist Christian nut-bag?-)
I wonder how hard being a stunt double could be?
Maybe I'll have to become a practitioner of that art, too?-)
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood: Natalie Wood and Andras Jones?
Is that an infinity sign in your sigil signature James?-)
Words, Sigils, Squiggles and Wishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment