Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 1, 2019

The Rite/Right Stuff?

I've had the movie 'The Rite' on my 'My List' on my Netflix account for a while, mainly to see just why Anthony Hopkins would be in a film like this, but with the passing of Rutger Hauer this month I pressed play to see what this film was all about.
Unfortunately the movie is as bad as the guy in the movie review (above) says.
Rutger Hauer Played Roy Batty and Passes Away in 2019, the Year 'Blade Runner' Takes Place?
Anthony Hopkins and Colin O'Donoghue in The Rite (2011)
Rutger Hauer in The Rite (2011)
Alice Braga and Colin O'Donoghue in The Rite (2011)
This movie reminded me of a recruitment film for the Roman Catholic church to bolster the falling numbers of clergy, much like the 'Top Gun' movies seem to be recruitment films for the US Navy/Air Force (soon to be Space Force?) -
Top Gun: Maverick Mandela Effect?
Anthony Hopkins in The Rite [Stuff?-]  (2011)
Colin O'Donoghue as Gordon Cooper?
Colin O'Donoghue is an Irish actor who was born on January 26th, which is Australia Day where I come from.
That combination would probably earn him a free drink in an Aussie pub on that day of the year, I reckon.
And I had to laugh when I saw that Colin is playing Gordon Cooper in the new TV series 'The Right Stuff', which is now about to be made.
But I really had to laugh when I saw Anthony Hopkins playing the Yang Pope and Jonathan Pryce playing the current Yin Pope in the upcoming movie 'The Two Popes' in this BBC news story below -
Toronto Film Festival: Judy, Joker and Jojo Rabbit seek Oscar glory
 Meet G.I. Joe Black?
28 Days Later?
New Pope takes office 13/3/13
Don't Cry For Me Argentina?
So with Hopkins and Pryce playing the two living Popes we have two Welshmen as the last two current Popes.
Hollywood Exorcist?
Enter the Dragon?
Original Sin?
Let's not forget that 'The Rite' was released four years before the 'Spotlight' was shone on the dark-side of the Church and
modern society as a whole.
Turned 20 years old this year;-)
Sometimes it does pay to watch the finger doing the pointing it seems Bruce.
Came out the same year 'Spotlight' did?!
Oh, and maybe I should point out write that someone pointed this out in the Trivia page at 'The Rite''s IMDB page, which may be not just a reference to Baal, but also Freemasonry perhaps? -
"The image used to describe the demon Baal is usually that of a man, a cat, a toad, or a combination of all of them. Father Lucas Trevant's (Sir Anthony Hopkins') house is infested with cats, as well as toads in the fountain."
I've got to admit that while watching all of the cats in the movie 
'The Rite' it did remind me of one of my favourite stage musicals.
But I'm no lover of demons all the same.
The New CATSnip and Other Stranger Things?
I do like a good story though:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment