Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 9, 2019

Where is My Mind and Guess Whose Mum's Got a Whirlpool?

I've been anticipating this podcast that I wrote about in a recent post for a few weeks -
Dispelling Upside Down Thinking in Favor of Extended Consciousness?
And now the first episode of the 'Where is My Mind' podcast, 'Looking in the Telescope' has been uploaded -
Where is My Mind Podcast: Ep. 1: Looking in the Telescope
In that first episode Mark makes the analogy of your individual consciousness being somewhat like a whirlpool in a river.
I like that analogy, because when I was just about to become a teenager in the late 70s I had a spontaneous out of body experience that changed the way I thought about who "I" was, where the thinking part of me floated out above my body and I watched my body keep on walking while I was out of it, controlling it from above, something like the reverse of controlling a drone you were flying on a beach.
I have no idea how, or why it happened to me that day, but it changed my view on life literally from that day forward and I was on a personal quest to read and watch everything about just what happened to me that day.
To be honest, I think I would have been an atheist if something like that never happened to me at that stage of my development, not that even today I'm a believer in any particular religion, although Buddhism would be close to my beliefs on life and consciousness.
So nobody has to convince me about the brain not being the source of consciousness, as I know personally that it's not.
If anything I would have to convince others of my experience, but I really don't care about convincing anybody about that experience, because I know that everyone at some point in their life will experience it for themselves anyway, even if it is literally at the end of their lives.
I'm not on some cosmic mission to save your soul or my soul from hell, because I personally don't believe in such a place and I'm sure that for whatever reason you are living the life you probably came here to live anyway and to learn the lessons you had to live in what can be a nightmarish world, just like I have come to do as well.
Room 237?!
When I was a kid growing up in Australia there were TV commercials for a brand of washing machine named Whirlpool and the catch phrase was, "Guess Whose Mum's Got a Whirlpool?" with some of those TV commercials featuring a man named
Barry Humphreys dressed in drag as a dame and making out that "she" owned a Whirlpool.
Apart from the nostalgic angle of that dumb TV ad, the catch phrase, "Guess Whose Mum's Got a Whirlpool?" is rather apt when it comes to the analogy Mark uses in his podcast about trying to understand how consciousness works.
If every human "being" is like a whirlpool in a river or ocean and came from the genes of a mother (and a father) then every mother does own a whirlpool in a mystical sense when they brought that consciousness into the world through them, no matter where that consciousness was before they came into the world, or where that consciousness goes when the "whirlpool" leaves this world-pool;-)
4249 views ... interesting synch for me there.
The story behind five commercials from Australia's golden days of advertising
A Whirlpool?
Just keep swimming and keep an eye out for whirlpools:-)
I think my mother owns a Fisher & Paykel brand of washing machine now and I know that I do.
So, where is my mind now and guess whose mum's got
a whirlpool?-)
So just what is the answer?
How do you research aha moments?
"Despite it being more than 2000 years since Archimedes had his 'eureka!' moment, we still don't know much about aha moments and the process of insight.
And much of what we do know is based on studies of undergraduate students.
For this reason,
Dr Webb and her colleague Simon Cropper have teamed up with ABC Science to run the 'Aha! Challenge' as part of National Science Week, and they want people of all ages to take part.
"We're really interested in a sample that is outside the university," Dr Webb said.
The researchers are particularly interested in what happens to the intensity and frequency of aha moments as we get older.
"We want to get a sense of how does it change as people develop, from young to old, across the lifespan," Dr Cropper said.
"My feeling is that kids have it a bit more often — the world is a bit more wondrous to them, and they're a bit less battered down by reality.
"But I would like to think it does maintain in everyone."
"

No comments:

Post a Comment