Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 8, 2019

A Midsommar Night's Nightmare?

Anyone for some Rune Soup or a Pork Pie?-)
Whoa, what a nightmare this film was!
Midsommar: Unsettling, distressing and cathartic
I was offered a free work trip to Sweden many years ago from a boss at my old workplace and after watching the movie 'Midsommar' at the cinema last night I'm kinda glad I knocked him back;-)
According to my recent DNA test I have 11% Norwegian and 7% Swedish genes, not to mention my bigger share of Danish genes, which the DNA company lumps in under Northwestern European genes with the English and the Welsh.
Midsommar (2019)
My biggest fear of going to Sweden wouldn't be running into an old family cult member, but never being able to find my way back out of Sweden again:-) 
No entree for me thanks ... or anything to eat or drink for that matter.
And I wonder if the main character's green eyes were meant to represent jealousy, alienation, or both?-)
Felicity Jones, the Girl with the Green (Alien?-) Eyes
Perhaps another reason for me to stay away from mid-summer Swedish festivals:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment