Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 16, 2020

2020 (The Year of the Rat): Life Has Killed a Dream?

Lyricist and journalist Herbert Kretzmer, best known for his English-language adaptation of the musical Les Misรฉrables, has died at the age of 95.
Peter would have been 95 this year, too.
Aired December 15th in the Year of the Rat 1996
Coincidentally, I was up to episode 10, season 4 of 'The X-Files' titled 'Paper Hearts' when I saw the news that Herbert Kretzmer the man who wrote the English-language adaptation of the musical
Les Misรฉrables had passed away in 2020.
I don't know why the episode was titled 'Paper Hearts' when they were made of cloth?
Scenes from the 'Paper Hearts' X-Files episode
That episode of the X-Files is about a serial killer who kills little girls and cuts a heart out of their clothes as a keep sake from his crime.
Released in 2008, the Year of the Rat?-)
I read in 'The Complete X-Files' book co-authored by Chris Knowles (the only reason I'm persisting in watching the whole 217 episodes of the TV show, and maybe the movies) that the original idea was for the killer to cut the real hearts of his victims out and keep them instead.
I don't like watching shows about serial killers, because I don't like seeing sick f#cks of society glorified on the screens.
But at least there was a paranormal dream theme in this episode to think about (even though most of these crappy X-Files shows are poorly written) where the killer was getting into Fox Mulder's dreams to give him clues of the crimes Mulder was yet to solve, and to dick around with Mulder's memories of his own sister's disappearance.
Then I see the news that Showtime is bringing Dexter back for 10 new episodes, not that I've watched the show, but my sons used to watch it when it was on TV.
Life is certainly more of a nightmare than I dream I think:-)
Although a very coincidental, synchromystic and persistent one.
Aired exactly one year before 'Paper Hearts'?-)
The X-Files Revelations?

No comments:

Post a Comment