Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 15, 2020

Watching the sunset, sunset, sunset, sunset... over the beaches, beaches, beaches, beaches...?

Sunset over Bribie Island September 30th, 2020
Walking the Bribie Island Bridge from Bribie Isalnd on sunset
I wrote about my visit to Bribie Island on September 30th this year and seeing the strange "eye in the sky" cloud formation at sunset, while thinking of the 'Powderfinger' song 'Sunsets' -
I remember even taking a detour through the
Sandstone Point Hotel carpark on the way home thinking, so this is where they have put on some big outdoor concerts in the past.
And I thought to myself, that ain't gonna happen for a while with this Covid 19 still hanging around.
About two weeks after my sunset walk on Bribie Island I see the above article in my local newspaper mentioning the Powderfinger singer headlining a 6000 capacity concert on November 21st, 2020.
Not that I'll probably be going, but I wondered why the song 'Sunsets' hit my mind so powerfully as I was looking out over towards the Sandstone Point Hotel and remembering meeting Bernard Fanning down in Byron Bay a few years back at a writers festival where he signed his album cover for me.
Things Go Better with cOKe?
I wonder if you could make a face-mask out of this?
These Days Were Nothing Like Those Days?
Life sure is one funny old scary coincidental ride/roadtrip I think;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment