Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 11, 2020

Eddie's Edy’s Polar Pie in the Sky?

I saw the news during the week that the iconic
'Eskimo Pie' ice-cream treats were going to be renamed 'Edy's Pie' in the USA and 'Polar Pie' here in Australia.
All Just Eskimo Pie in the Sky?
And as I sat at home last night flicking the channels between two Australian football finals going on at once, one an AFL game involving Eddie McGuire and Nathan Buckley's
Collingwood Magpies versing the Geelong Cats, and the other a Rugby League game involving Russel Crowe'
South Sydney Rabbitohs versing the Parramatta Eels, I couldn't help wondering how well an ice-cream renamed 'Edy's Pie' would sell to the Australian football going public?-)
Buckley's Chance, Tsunamis, Bad Luck and the Siren?
July 26th?
Jung's and Kubrick's birthdays, too:-)
Eddie's "Pies"
played like they were stone cold frozen last night, but I have to admit that I have cold feet now that my team the
Brisbane Lions have to defeat the Cats to get into the AFL Grand Final, which is now one game away for all remaining sides.
And while that AFL final last night left me cold ... and a little tiny bit sorry for Eddie and Buckley, Russel Crowe's NRL team showed that when your team's luck is running hot it unhinges the opposition;-)
A footy match?-)
UNHINGED Sun Pictures?

2 comments:

  1. Collingwood followed Buckley’s instructions for the first three quarters....they went out there with one goal in mind!

    The Cats looked menacing against the Pies.

    If the world is truly synchronous, I would expect the Tiges do a threepeat. Tigers were established on the 20th Feb 1885 so if you reduce it to the singular or master numbers it becomes 2/2/22 significant in the year 2020. (though if you add them up traditionally it’s 26, if you multiply them it equals 12, the same amount of premierships they currently won)

    Fun Fact: Van Halen played a charity event for TIGER woods in 2008, also 12 years ago. Same amount of premierships.

    Netflix’s most popular show and zeitgeist defining has been ‘Tiger King’.

    Richmonds Coach, Damien Hardwick is a Leo born in the year of the rat, 2020 is the year of the rat.

    Richmond entered the VFL in 1908 and won their premiership 12 years later in 1920 and 1921...during the ‘Spanish Flu’.

    So if the world is truly designed for synchronicities I would expect a 2020/21 Tiger flag years during the ‘pandemic’.

    But of course the universe is also designed to make fools of us all.

    Keep the fun good work going. Hopefully the lions overcome the cats because the main colours this year are in hues of yellows and oranges especially if you look at the comic Covid logo.

    Also have you been to pyramid in Gympie?

    Connor

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Cats looked menacing against the Pies"
    That's a big understatement Connor:-P
    Even I felt sorry for Eddie and Bucks, not that I wanted them to win so I'd have to sit among Collingwood supporters on Saturday night at The Gabba.
    I don't think Cats supporters would rub us Lions fans noses in a loss on Saturday night as the Pies fans would, so in that respect I'm glad that we are facing the Cats.
    But seeing the Cats demolish the Pies has me worried that I wished for the wrong victor to play us.
    Ah well, we had a good run whatever happens, and we were lucky that the season didn't end after round one I guess.
    I've never been to an AFL grand final, so to have a chance to see one in my hometown of Brisbane is f#cking nuts, even if the Lions aren't there.
    Mind you, if the Lions don't make the final, my ability to get a ticket will be like every other non-member of the teams that make it.
    I remember sitting in the MCG in 2016 at the Richmond v Lions game when we were both going shithouse that year and saying to a few Tiges supporters not to worry, because soon the crowds will be back when we both make the grand final.
    Careful what you wish for as they say:-)
    The last time I was in Gympie was when I was about 8, and that was so my parents could go to my Uncle Bill's funeral, who is now buried in the Gympie cemetery somewhere.
    I haven't been back since that day, which is a shame as I liked visiting Uncle Bill and his family in Gympie.
    The only thing I remember about Gympie now is the smell of the pine trees as you drove into the town (and how opening certain beers now reminds me of that smell:-), and the height of the TV aerials on the houses.
    This was the early 70s.
    My mother's side were just about all forestry workers, who lived around Gympie.
    I guess pine trees around Gympie appealed to the Danish immigrants.
    At least by Saturday night I'll know who the Lions might be playing if we can beat the Cats ... and my Spidey senses tell me it will be The Power.
    Sorry Connor;-)

    ReplyDelete