Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 5, 2020

Bread & Circus: Let Them Eat Cake?

Ireland states it can’t legally
 be considered as
bread
Bread (?) and Circus in the local
  
Queensland newspaper?-)
When in Rome?
Grimes was born on St Paddy's Day:-)
Maybe it's just that I happened to recently watch the movies 'Gladiator', 'EAT PRAY LOVE' and 'Joker' and then pick up my local Queensland newspaper that literally had a two page spread featuring some Subway like bread (?) rolls and a circus coming to town, that I couldn't help thinking that the Empire never really ended, even if Rome kinda did.
Pancakes, donuts, and other desserts were
 prepared and eaten for a final time
:-)
The Joker Ignores His Wake Up Call (11:11)?
Sad news of the passing of an Aussie gladiator?
And while I'm a big fan of Rugby League and Australian Rules, and to a lesser extent the English Premier League (Soccer), I can't stand the game of cricket.
And don't try to shame me by saying I'm Cricket-phobic, because I'm not scared of the game, it just bores me to death.
Oops, there goes all my cricket loving readership.
Hey, I've got nothing against cricket, it's just that I'm not into it.
My eyes glaze over when someone starts talking cricket to me.
Although my favourite AFL team the Brisbane Lions play at
The Gabba, the home of cricket, so it's good to see the ground is not a total waste of space throughout the year:-)
Some of my Lions apparel for the arena:-)
But as much as I love watching sport (not cricket though:-), it's not hard to think that while we aren't throwing Christians to the lions in the arenas anymore like in the days of Rome, we still have the Lions running around in them killing teams of other human beings for the fan's amusement:-)
Brisbane Lions v Richmond Tigers at The Gabba in 2020
Give us this day our mini-bread?
Eat Pray Love ... Because It's Just a Ride?
So there's a double feature worth mulling over if you have Netflix and Amazon Prime subscriptions.
And 'Joker' kinda rounds off a good night in:-)
Even the cartoons in the newspaper
have
Covid-19 themes it seems?
Bread & Circuses and Let Them Eat Cake?
And while my favourite NRL team the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks 2020 run came to an end on the weekend, at least we weren't eating humble pie like some cellar dwellers did in 2020:-P
Seeing the Brisbane Broncos get the wooden spoon by finishing dead last on the NRL table was almost as good as seeing the Sharks winning a grand final in 2016, so the 2020 NRL season wasn't a total waste for me:-)
Maybe Subway would make a good
 sponsor for the
2021 Broncos?
What would life be like in 2020 without Bread and Circus ... and Subway?-)
Was Jake Trying to Tell Us About a Young River Phoenix Over a Year Ago with His Sync Films?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment