Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 12, 2020

Cartomancy, Coffee and the Divine Comedy of Life and Death?

The Joker and the Thief?

Although usually used for games, including card games with wagering, playing cards are also used for divination (so called cartomancy), illusions and tricks, and even for building unsteady houses of cards.
The Joker and the Thief?
I was listening to the latest
'Rune Soup'/'Coffee and Divination' swapcast between Gordon and JoAnna about their love of cartomancy and divination, which got me to thinking about my last journey to Bribie Island to give away a few card decks of my own.
Dates with Destiny?
A great deal?-)
Doreen was always such a Joker:-)
Spiritual Narcissism?
I gave away my Doreen Virtue cards and books, because they were only gathering dust on my bookshelf and taking up space where more worthy books could be.
Plus, how are the cards going to do Satan's work just sitting in my bookshelf, when they need to be out in the world under the guise of "angel cards" gathering souls for hell, right Doreen?-)
I always thought Doreen was a bit bonkers, but now she is totally bonkers I think.
Her cards were good to look at, but I never really used them for divining the future, in fact there hasn't been any card deck that I have ever really used to divine my future, because I'm of the opinion that whatever will be, will be, in that Doris Day kind of way.
Whatever Happened to Doreen Virtue?
It always amuses me to hear the card reader's cop out that the future is changeable and that nothing is set stone.
To which I would say, "then you can't read the future, can you?"
A probable future isn't "the future" it's just more of a wrong guess most times, or a right guess when it comes to divination.
I believe the future is more set than most people care to believe, but that you still have to live your life as if you have "free will", because you don't know what that future is when you are down here on the playing field, do you?
My September 29th, 2020 newspaper
The back page of my 
September 29th, 2020 newspaper
The funny thing is I drew one card from my
'Aboriginal Spirit Oracles' deck before giving the deck away the next day, and that card was the "accomplishment" card, which looked to me like a card with the AFL grand final trophy drawn on it.
Aboriginal Spirit Oracles
Oddly enough, in the newspaper that day was a picture of
Simon Black holding the 2020 AFL Grand Final trophy next to another story about toll dodgers and on the back page of the newspaper that day was an advert featuring the movie 'Joker'.
I had just checked my toll account that day to make sure I had enough money to cross over the Gateway Bridge (or the Sir Leo bridges if you prefer;-) and back for my journey the next day to Bribie Island, just before seeing those stories in the newspaper, and just after drawing the "accomplishment" card.
At least the
Brisbane Broncos finished dead last on the NRL ladder for 2020, accomplishing one of my lifelong dreams this year:-)
Let's hope they can go back to back wooden spoons in 2021;-)

My AFL team the Brisbane Lions finished the season second on the ladder, which to me was a shame that they failed to accomplish a first ever top spot on the ladder.
Oh well, at least one wish has come true for me this year, so far.
1 of 3 boxes of books and things
for the book-exchange
Coffee & Divination?
I've still kept my tarot card and playing card decks, though I don't use them for divination.
And one playing card deck I had forgotten about until coming across it in my clean out, was a deck from a Bribie Island indigenous woman -
I even gave away my Grateful Dead turtle patch
Synchromysticism and Pattern Logic?
I read this October 6th newspaper
before listening to the podcast:-)
October 6th
Life tends to deal me out enough metaphorical cards on my journey without the need for a real deck of cards to consult.
But I have nothing against people using cards to try and peek into their future, as that was probably already in their cards anyway?-)
Don't Let Anything Dull Your Sparkle: How to Break Free of Negativity and Drama?
As above, so below?
The Art of Finding Coincidence in Life?

No comments:

Post a Comment