Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 6, 2020

Shortcuts on the Path?

I went for a walk last week on a circular path in the
'Bribie Island Memorial Gardens' and ran into two magpies (a parent and its young offspring), during what's known as "Magpie Season" in this part of the world.
A good idea I think:-)
The magpies were as curious about me as was about them, and let me complete the circular walk without any thought of attacking me.
But if they don't like you and attack you, like that screaming kid on the scooter in that video above, they can remember you for years, and will keep attacking you, so I'm told  from watching the ABC series 'Hello Birdy' -
If magpies do attack you, they are trying to take your eye out, so it's all fun and games till you lose an eye as they say;-)
GO THE LIONS!!!
That walk on Wednesday turned out to be a double omen it seems, as on Friday my AFL team the 'Brisbane Lions' defeated the 'Richmond Tigers' for the first time in 11 seasons, and the 'Collingwood Magpies' caused a massive upset on the weekend by defeating the 'West Coast Eagles' by 1 point and ending their 2020 season.
So I guess it's still Magpie season up here in Queensland?-)
But it's all sudden death now when it comes to the AFL finals, so now I'm just hoping for a walk in the park for my team with no Magpies attacking us in the major semi-final:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment