Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 10, 2020

The Spirit Hunter?

An interesting 'New Thinking Allowed' talk with Jack Hunter on 'The Ontological Status of Spiritual Entities' discussing subjects from his new book, 'Spirits, Gods and Magic: An Introduction to the Anthropology of the Supernatural' as well as other older books of Jack's.
I've not yet read any of Jack's books, but I have written a few posts about Jack Hunter in the past -
And while on the subject of shit, I've been shoveling through the TV series 'The X-Files' on Amazon Prime, while reading through the Chris Knowles co-authored book 'The Complete X-Files' trying to understand why this TV show was such a hit.
Seeing that HANNA banner ad made me think
 of
SNOW, and not Mark Snow either;-)
If I wasn't reading Chris' book I would have given up watching this show somewhere around season 2, but I have nearly finished watching season 3, and in the chapter of Chris' book on the X-Files TV show I was surprised that Chris Carter (the show's creator) said that he was drawn to making the episodes on Native American shamanism from his own past ritual participation event.
Fox Mulder: The Fool Being Guided By The Trickster Animal Spirit Archetype?
Although X-Files episodes like 'Teso dos Bichos' are just pure Stephen King like BS horror/comedy when it comes to the subject of Native American shamanism I think.
And I'm someone who's more interested in shamanism side of UFOs/alien phenomena myself.
Greening the Paranormal and Just in Time for Spring if You Happen to Live Down-under as I Do?

2 comments:

  1. Went through a few months of your blog. I subscribed to about 6-7 new podcasts because of it. Cheers for that.

    Saints had a shot at us (Tiges) at the start of the 4th...not to be.

    We see how the cats fare tonight. I’m still predicting Cats out in straight sets, universe being the jokster and all.

    Have you got tickets for the Granny?

    Connor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tickets aren't available for the GF yet Connor, nor for the prelims so far.
    The tickets for the Lions v Cats game should go on sale Monday or Tuesday morning for members I'm guessing.
    I'm hoping to get a ticket for me and my younger son for Saturday night, as I bought a three game membership one game ago for both of us.
    That game scares me I'll admit and I'm hoping it's not going to be a long ride home after the game, like after the GWS game last year.
    Oh well, it's been a good ride for the Lions no matter what happens Saturday night, considering how bad we played in our opening game of the season against the Hawks.
    If we do manage to overcome the Cats I want Port to be waiting for us in the final, not the Tiges, sorry Connor.
    I don't want to see you guys going back to back and lining up for a 3peat in 2021.
    If the Lions lose and Richmond get in to the final, I'm be cheering for the Cats:-)
    But if it's a Cats v Power final I'll be cheering for Port:-)
    Meow!!!

    ReplyDelete