Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 20, 2022

The Power Station Song Some Like It Hot ๐Ÿฅต Seems Kind of Ironic in 2022?

As I started reading Peter Carey’s 2012 novel ‘The Chemistry of Tears’ which is mostly set in a 2010 hot London summer, I thought to myself while reading the book in a very cold Australian 2022 winter how Londoners wouldn’t know what summer was compared to the summers we Aussies live through ... but according to a news story today it looks like I may have to eat my thought bubble.
Peter Carey: The Best and Worst of Times ... and Books?
And I couldn’t help thinking of that old Power Station song featuring Robert Palmer dressed as a priest in the video for their song ‘Some Like it Hot’:-P
That song came out in 1985, so it could have been used in the ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 soundtrack along with songs like Kate Bush’s ‘85 hit ‘Running Up That Hill’:-)
And Peter Carey’s novel is set in a London summer of 2010, which was 12 years ago and also the Year of the Tiger, like 2022 is.

No comments:

Post a Comment