Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 1, 2022

Saved by a Book Podcast?

I thought I would take a break from reading ‘Saved by a Poem’ and listen to some podcasts instead, as reading about poetry and poets whose work I’m not familiar with, and not sure that I’m really motivated to get familiar with is starting to do my head in ... and the virus ain’t helping either.
I was asking my book angel why she didn’t drop more hints to read something more up my alley, or books I’ve had sitting on my bedside table like ‘Frankenstein’ or ‘Moby Dick’ and just waiting for a sign to read, instead of green lighting a book about reading poems, which don’t really appeal to me?
I thought I be clever and key “Carl Jung” into an Apple Podcast search to keep my mind away from the subject of poetry and I found a podcast episode at the ‘Hardcore Literature’ podcast about Jung uploaded on my late father’s birthday of April 8th.
After listening to that episode I found a fairly recent one in the archives about being saved by books, which I found very interesting, and then I discovered Ben’s You Tube channel where he has some very good chats about books he has read, including ‘Moby Dick’ and ‘Frankenstein’ ... and just how much he loves and why you should read poetry:-)
I guess Ben is like a library shaman ... and in cahoots with my book angel?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment