Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 20, 2022

What Magic is This ... The Occult ... and Who Was Colin Wilson?

My book angel really does seem to steer me to the right book to read at the right time for me.
As I’m reading a signed book right now for the first time that I’ve had laying around the home for about a decade since meeting the author at a Byron Bay writers festival, Peter Carey writes in his ‘The Chemistry of Tears’ about the main character Catherine (AKA Cat) breaking up with her first boyfriend because of an argument they had because he liked the ideas which author Colin Wilson expressed in his 1971 book ‘The Occult’ which I’m not sure I ever read.
The Power Station Song Some Like It Hot πŸ₯΅ Seems Kind of Ironic in 2022?
I do remember getting the book out of my local library with a stack of other books when I was a teenager, but how much of the book I read ... if any I don’t remember.
I have read ‘The Outsider’ and a few other books of Wilson’s though.
This made me search for podcast episodes about Colin Wilson and I found a podcast show called 
‘What Magic is This’ which featured not only one about Wilson, but also one on ex-Blondie guitarist and songwriter Gary Lachman talking about Wilson’s books.
Wuthering Heights/Denis/Strange Phenomena?
New Thinking Allowed: Existentialism Meets the Occult?
I the podcast about Wilson the host starts off with a Greek tale about a fox and a hedgehog, with the hedgehog said to represent consciousness, and in Carey’s book there is a line about a hedgehog being run over on the road, and I wondered just how much of a coincidence that was?-)
I also found a BBC Desert Island Discs podcast featuring a 1978 interview with Colin Wilson about his record collection and favourite music.
Which reminded me of this old post -
Peter Carey on Desert Island Discs?

No comments:

Post a Comment