Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 8, 2023

In Dreams?!😴💤🛌

I was listening to a 'SHWEP' podcast episode yesterday morning as I was getting ready to go to work, called 'We’re Together In Dreams: Dreaming and Western Esotericism' and it was mentioned by the host of the show Roy Orbison's song 'In Dreams'.
I was trying to remember how that song went, but I couldn't remember, so I thought I should key up a You Tube clip of the song and have a listen, but I looked at the time and realized I had to get cracking or I'd be late for work, so I promised that nagging voice in my head that I would finish listening to the podcast episode when I got home and then listen to the song.
The funny thing is that I work part-time for a charity shop and one of my jobs is sorting through donations to the store ... and what do I stumble upon that day at work sorting out donations?
Episode 7: We’re Together In Dreams:
Dreaming
and Western Esotericism
A 'Roy Orbison's "Monumental" Hits' CD with 'In Dreams' as the 8th track on the CD, below 'Working for the Man';-)
So, of course, I bought it.
But, as of this writing I still haven't played the CD, but I did watch the official clip of Roy singing 'In Dreams', which David Lynch used for the soundtrack of 'Blue Velvet'.
Is the Year 2017 a Movie Directed by David Lynch, Sam Mendes, or Both?
"Orbison later claimed that the origin for "In Dreams" came to him while he was sleeping, as many of his songs did. He often heard music while asleep with a radio disc jockey announcing that it was Elvis Presley's new song. For this song, however, he was half awake when he imagined it, and thought, "Boy that's good. I need to finish that. Too bad things don't happen in my dreams." When he woke up the next morning, the entire composition was written in 20 minutes."
The Secret History of Western Esotericism Podcast
I had started listening to the SHWEP podcasts right from the beginning a few days ago after synchromystically stumbling across the podcast ... but that is for a future post, which I'll try to remember to link here when I've written it -
What is Gnosticism: Looking for Chris[t] Gnosis?-)💩💭
Ironically, I went to bed early last night, because I've been battling the flu for the last week, and I've been going to bed early from exhaustion.
But I woke up around 2:30 am from a dream where I was sitting at a table with my young kids (who are now adults) and my now ex-wife telling them I had to finish reading the book that I was reading (not that I know what that book was), then it occurred to me as I was dreaming and that I wasn't married to her anymore ... and that I despise her now and don't want to ever dream about her again ... and woke up.
I then turned on my iPad and listened to the rest of that SHWEP podcast episode again.
Then I did a search for Roy singing 'In Dreams' on You Tube and I noticed The Cranberries song 'Dreams' come up in the search results.
"According to lead singer Dolores O'Riordan, "Dreams" was written for an early love; she explained, "I wrote that about my first love when I was living in Ireland ... It's about feeling really in love for the first time""
That hit me a bit hard, as I had seen Dolores sing that song live in Brisbane, when she was still alive, of course.
I had never seen Roy sing his song live, but I had seen Dolores sing that 'Dreams' song live, so it hit me how as of 2023, I'm still here and she isn't.
Which is a bit like a bad waking dream to me now, as I contemplate life and dreams -
The Cosmic Egg and the Dragon
With one of my brothers now dead and one still alive.
Sometimes life seems a lot stranger than a dream to me, and to top it off the latest episode of 'The UFO Rabbit Hole' hit my iPad featuring a guy named Darren King.
And who would trust a guy with a name like Darren, right?-)
Green Eyes, a Marker of Alien Hybridity?!:-)
Personally, I couldn't give a crap about UFOs and half of the nutbags in the field of "UFO research", but I am interested in synchronicity and Kelly's journey as she tries to chase the white rabbit ... pardon the pun>:-)
Sweet dreams:-)
Whitley Strieber, Communion, THEM and The UFO Rabbit Hole?🛸🕳🐇
Oh, and by the way
'In Dreams' was released in 1963, the Year of the Water Rabbit>;-)
And I wasn't even here back then.
IT Does Seem to be a Donnie Darko Kind of World Doesn't IT?

No comments:

Post a Comment