Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 10, 2023

The Messengers: Alien and Owl in the Backyard, Beach and the Farm?🏊👽🦉

I came across
4 children's books in the Op shop I work for last week, which made me think that the authors might be familiar with Mike Clelland's owl/alien stories, but it turns out these books were published in 2014, way before Mike Clelland put out his books, but Mike was writing about aliens and owls on his blog before the kid's books came out, so I wonder if these authors might have been reading Mike's blog and got the idea from him, or whether it was all just coincidence that a four foot owl and a lifesaving girl named Lil go around saving the little green alien named BOO?
Wise Owl has a new spinoff
book series
for toddlers :)
My kids went to Laurie Lawrence's swim school when they were toddlers back in the 90s, but he didn't teach the kids, even though I did meet him one day at the school and shook his hand and had a chat, we never talked aliens and owls.
Plus, the "Owl Guy" wasn't a thing back in the 90s anyway.
I hadn't heard of the book illustrator Murray Charteris before last week, but looking up his work on the internet I can't say that I'm not impressed by his talent and mystical paintings.
I couldn't help thinking of Kim Carlsberg's alien art either, while reading these books, especially the book about the beach.
Kim Carlsberg, The Crow, The Key and 1993
Murray Charteris Fine Art
And that 4 foot owl trying to offer the alien sunscreen made me think of Mike's sunscreen story:-)
I've written about Laurie Lawrence before, but not about the alien books of his -
The Bells Just Keep Tolling, But for Whom?
I must add too, while I think of it, that a copy of 'Little Women' also crossed my path in the donations that day, and one of the main characters in that book is Laurie Lawrence:-)
1001 books you must read before you die
Little Women and Blue Pills?🐰

UPDATE: July 14th, 2023
Despite applying factor 50 sunscreen, she was left
needing hospital treatment,
The Sun reports
And on the subject of sunscreen, I saw this news story above not long after writing this post.
I feel really anxious about burning again, and have realised I need to be a lot more careful and aware."
Just applying suncream isn’t enough, especially if it’s not applied regularly.

UPDATE: July, 2023
I came across a 2018 book in the series a few days later and purchased that one, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment