Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 4, 2023

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry?👞📩📮

It wasn't one of the 1001 books, either:-)
I came across some chapters of Rachel Joyce's book used as packing in boxes of vitamins or some other health products at the place I was working for back in 2015 and straightened the pages out and took them home to read.
I thought this was some weird way my "book angel" was trying to get me to read this book, so I ended up purchasing a paperback copy of the book from Amazon, but didn't get around to reading it until a few weeks back when I saw there was a movie of the book ready to hit the cinema screens.
So now the "movie angel" was on my case, too:-)
Funnily enough, I always imagined Jim Broadbent playing Harold if they ever made a film of the book, maybe because I had seen him in a movie when I was going through my divorce, just before I came across the pages of the book at my old work -
Le Week-End/LOST Week-End
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry
(
2023)
I didn't manage to finish the book until after I saw the movie, so a major twist in the movie I didn't see coming in the book made me wonder if the story was modified for the screen, as certain things didn't add up in my mind from what I had read at that point, until I managed to finish the last few chapters of the book.
Harold Fry walks a 627-mile journey in the book, which in my mind would be like walking from Brisbane to Cairns.
Ironically, Rachel Joyce mentions in the 'Confessions' podcast below to being a big fan of the Bronte sisters, which reminds me of a pair of English neighbours from Bronte Country I met in Byron Bay with one couple having cycled from Cairns to Byron Bay -
The Small World Theory Proves Itself Once Again?
One thing I liked about reading the book was the illustrations at the start of each chapter.
At least Rachel Joyce didn't stoop to promoting her film by eating food, like J Law did;-)
The Pilgrim’s Progress with Rachel Joyce
I found it eerie seeing how
Rachel uses shoes on her book covers, after watching some Disney shows about sub dives to the Titanic and how there are hundreds of pairs of shoes around the wreck, because the skeletons were eaten away by the bacteria and fish, while the shoes weren't -
Ghosts of the Abyss Was Released in the Year of the Water Goat, 2003 and Turns 20 in 2023, the Year of the Water Rabbit?🌊🐐🐰👻
Ghosts of the Abyss (2003)
Paul Venables (Rachel's Husband)
I found out in the 'Consciously Coupling' podcast that Rachel is an actor married to an actor, who is also a practicing shrink -
Shrinkronicity?🏥😛
Evolution theory?-)
Last rites?
Whilst the book is more of a spiritual story than a religious one, the religious pilgrimage imagery is there to be seen in both the book and the movie.
Communion?
Garden of Eden?
The New Testament is a collection of 27 books
Chapter 27 is the most devastating chapter with a real big reveal, but it takes two to tango/salsa, as they say.
A Trip to Spain After My Trip to Byron
Scallop Dreaming: Pilgrimage
But I don't like the idea of walking a long way by roadside -
The Trip of a Lifetime at 42?
Mike's Cornwall blog
If I want to see Britain, I'll just let my eyes do the walking for me at 'Mike's Cornwall' blog:-)
A Just Outside the Box Cartoon for Mike Perry?

No comments:

Post a Comment