Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 20, 2021

Art and Magick at the Crossroads?

It started as an anti-graffiti initiative?
I saw a news story at the
ABC news site recently about artists keen to paint over traffic light signal boxes in my hometown of Brisbane as an anti-graffiti initiative.
Seeing the bush turkey/s painted on one of those traffic signal boxes in the news story reminded me of Ron Howard in the movie 'American Graffiti' saying how he was finally getting out of this turkey town, and how right now he is filming a movie just down the road from this turkey town (Brisbane;-) on the Gold Coast. 
The tag line (pun intended) of  'American Graffiti' is,
"Where were you in 62?"
And probably like most of you who are reading this post, I wasn't even born in '62
So that's a good question, where was I?
Maybe I'd be close to knowing if I used the same answer if I posed the question to Wolfman Jack of where were you in '96?-) 
Apparently Wolfman Jack passed away on July 1st, 1995, which happened to be his wedding anniversary.
Tragically Wolfman Jack's daughter Joy died in an automobile accident three years after he died from a heart-attack.
Traffic lights of course are usually placed at crossroads.
And crossroads can be deadly places sometimes.
Maybe because I've been re-reading Gordon White's book 'The Chaos Protocols' and am up to chapter 4 where Gordo writes about crossroads and the dead, that these pictures of painted signal boxes make me wonder just how many deaths by motor vehicle have occurred at these crossroads with the painted signal boxes?
Gordon writes about crossroads and the Catholic saint
Nicholas of Tolentino in chapter 4 of his book, as well as
'The Rite of Saint Nicholas' to be performed at a crossroads (I'll sit that one out I'm afraid) with a bottle of spring water, which he tells you to buy on your way to the crossroad where you plan on performing said rite.
Whatever floats your boat I guess, but I do like the symbolism involved.
I was once saved in the Nic of time (pun intended) by a "voice" once that told me not to proceed through a traffic light that had just turned green, and if I had have ignored that "voice" I would probably be back to where I was in '62 right now in '21;-)
That "voice" I doubt very much was Nic, by the way, but who knows, right?-)
And in chapter 4 Gordon writes about 1967 being the year defibrillators began. 
1967 was also the year the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks began as an NRL team:-)
So you might want to read my last post about the Sharks and automobiles to get that one -
The Road Ahead?
Gordon writes about the dog headed Saint Christopher in that chapter, as well.
Then I see that Australia's own unofficial saint Christopher has signed up for the next Mad Max movie:-)
Just when Chris' favourite AFL footy team the 'Western Bulldogs' are riding high at the top of the AFL ladder, too.
I wonder where
Chris Hemsworth was in '73 when
'American Graffiti' came out on the day (August 11th) that would be his first day on earth in '83?-)
Go Take Another Hike Hemsworth!-)

No comments:

Post a Comment