Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 18, 2021

Books to Movies: Richard Matheson's Hell House/The Legend of Hell House?

I haven't read the Richard Matheson book 'Hell House' nor seen
the 1973 movie which was made from the book, but I have listened to a few podcasts about the differences between the book and the movie, much like I did when I wrote about Richard Matheson's book 'What Dreams May Come' -
The Overdue Podcast #325: Hell House
What I find interesting about Matheson writing 'Hell House' was that in a 2011 interview Richard said every novel he has written was usually modeled off the house that he was living in at the time, all except 'Hell House' where he modeled the house in that story off
You might want to watch the movie 'Mank' on the subject of William Randolph Hearst and his house?
I also found it interesting when I watched the movie
'The Life After Death Project' produced by Whitley Strieber's late wife Anne and featuring an interview with Richard Matheson, that Whitley also mentions his book 'Communion'.
The sequel to that book was read in an audio book version by
A Spectrum of Sanity: Exploring Our Fascination with Monsters/Aliens/Demons?

3 comments:

  1. At one time owning all of Orson Welles’ films on DVD, I hadn’t heard about Mank (Netflix) so cheers for that. Hell House is on Prime so another one to watch, do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only watched 'Mank' because it's one of the movies up for a 2021 "Best Picture" Oscar.
      It's pretty good, too.

      Delete
  2. It's only on Prime to rent for A$4.99, not on the normal service.
    I haven't seen the movie, and by the looks of the trailer and what I've heard about it I won't be forking over 5 bucks to watch it.
    Surely it's on You Tube for free somewhere?

    ReplyDelete