Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 13, 2021

Thinkin About Drinkin ... Cold Southern Comfort?

$42?-)
Easter Saturday this year I sat down at my kitchen table with a bottle of Southern Comfort to share with my youngest son while we watched on my iPad through a KayO app the Sharks play the Cowboys in an NRL match that we did have tickets to go and see, until the game was switched from Queensland's Sunshine Coast to Sydney because of a Covid outbreak in Southern Queensland:-(
My glass full of Southern Comfort:-)
My souvenir Tamworth shot glass that is:-)
I've hardly ever drunk Southern Comfort in my life and only bought it because they are one of the Sharks new jersey sponsors.
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
The irony is though that I was reading Troy Cassar-Daley's book 'Things I Carry Around' over that Easter weekend and had read that his first band was named 'Southern Comfort' after the same drink. 
The last time that I had driven up to the Sunshine Coast was to visit Australia Zoo, and that is where I had bought Troy's book:-)
John Edward at Australia Zoo?
Cowboys hit new low; Sharks spine sizzles: 3 Big Hits
Apart from missing the Sharks play live at the Sunshine Coast, at least we could watch them win from the Comfort of home and have a drink or two:-)
And I bought that little Tamworth shot glass in 2016 the year the Sharks won their first ever NRL grand final.
Pop Culture and Synchronicity on the Road
Keith Urban walking past after singing at the 2016 NRL grand final
Sing & Don't Cry
Troy Cassar-Daley would have been playing the
Byron Bay Bluesfest this year over Easter, if it hadn't have been cancelled for the second year in a row.
I had tickets the year before and wasn't going to get burned again with a state border closure, so I bought tickets to the football in my home state of Queensland and even that still got cancelled because of a Covid outbreak:-(
Bluesfest 2020: The Festival That Never Took Place?
And the week after Easter the bottle-shop I bought my
Southern Comfort from dropped the price from $42 to $38 ... bastards:-(
Sometimes you just can't win whatever you do ... especially if you are a Cowboy:-)

Cheers;-)
I Wish I Was A Train ... But Not on the Day That Jesus Died?
I'm not into Jesus, but I do like a good cover song:-)
Run for Covers?

No comments:

Post a Comment