Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 2, 2021

Good Friday and Hot Cross Buns?

Now there's something you don't see everyday?
Today is 2/4 or as Americans write it 4/2;-)
A hot cross bun is a spiced sweet bun usually made with fruit, marked with a cross on the top, and traditionally eaten on Good Friday in the United Kingdom; Ireland; Australia; India; New Zealand; South Africa; and some parts of the Americas, including Canada and the United States.
The bun marks the end of Lent and different parts of the hot cross bun have a certain meaning, including the cross representing the crucifixion of Jesus, and the spices inside signifying the spices used to embalm him at his burial.
Old Spices?-)
They are now available all year round in some places.
Hot cross buns may go on sale in the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand even as early as New Year's Day or after Christmas.
Houston Tumlin took his own life this week.
I've never watched it because I hate watching car racing more than I hate watching cricket ... and I really hate watching cricket:-) 
But this movie is really funny when it holds a mirror up to the stupidity of the modern consumer world that we all live in now. 
Happy Easter ... and may the force be with you?-)

10 comments:

  1. Weren’t the Hot Cross Buns offered to Moloch at the Tower of Babel? From memory the kids had to pass through a fire and if they made it they were allowed to live and the buns and flowers were offered in honour of Moloch.

    And Lent was in honour of the Babylonian God - Tammuz (Thomas?) - who died at the age of 40.

    Also interesting that Talledga Nights - good flick - died or they announced his death on the 25th. Which is an occult freemasonry number of sacrificial death.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not into Moloch like you and Alex Jones seem to be Spartan.
      Not that Alex knows his owls from his BULLS... ;-)
      I met Jon Ronson (author of 'Men Who Stare at Goats') in Brisbane around 2004 and he showed me his BBC footage of him and Alex sneaking into Bohemian Grove.
      Jon just walks in through the front gate and Alex jumped or crawled under a fence and then secretly filmed the "Moloch" ceremony.
      What a dick Alex was ... and still is?-)

      Delete
    2. Using Alex ‘not Alan’ Jones logic that’s because Jon is part of the ‘Mark of the Beast’ Illuminati gay frogs cabal. The only Jones I listen to is Jim Jones from psychedelic country rock outfit My Morning Jacket.

      Might have been your mate Knowlesy who mentioned it on a podcast a few years back...

      Delete
    3. Jim Jones, why does that name ring a bell for me?
      I'm sure it will come to me after I finish drinking this refreshing cup of Kool-aid Spartan :-)

      Delete
  2. Also happy Good Friday to you Dazzle. BBQ barramundi and salmon, plenty for everyone, swing on by Balmain and I’ll cook up
    some bugs too.

    I won’t comment on your cricket sledge 😂 I play it ...sad but true

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got nothing against cricket or people who play it.
      Same with lawn bowls and netball.
      They are just sports that make me want to yawn rather than cheer.

      Delete
  3. Motor sports on the other hand make me want to throw the TV set through the window and then shoot it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd try to drive down to Balmain today Spartan, but I think it would take me all day on the M1 just to get past Tweed Heads :-)
    Actually, that's probably not that far from the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still some Barra left. Are you guys out of your ‘sneeze and you get lockdown’ yet?

      Delete
    2. Made parole on Thursday at noon, but I still haven't left the house.
      Would have been watching the Sharkies at the Sunshine Coast Stadium with my son, but now we'll be watching it from my living room drinking Southern Comfort (only because they are a Sharks sponsor:-) and eating Pizza Hut pizza.
      I'm not eating that Zambrero crap, even if they do sponsor the club :-)
      Sorry Zambrero, but I'm just not into Mexican Vegetarian food when there are alternatives around.

      Delete