Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 26, 2021

The 93rd Academy Awards?

Normally in years gone by I would be dressed up and at the cinema to watch the Oscars live on the big screen on an Australian Monday morning/afternoon sipping on Champagne Australian sparkling wine and beer.
But the last few farcical years of the ceremony have put me off the joke that the Oscars have become, with all of the political BS getting in the way of the art.
R.I.P: Oscars 2020 Didn't Get the Memo?
I do have a $7 bottle of Australian sparkling wine in the fridge and I see that the Oscars are being screened live at 10am Monday morning here, so I better have some breakfast and get out of my PJs and see if these 93rd Oscars can get anymore ridiculous than the previous years.
I didn't even bother opening it in THE END
Out of the 4 movies I have seen in the 'Best Picture' category so far this year 'Mank' would be the film I would place my money on for 'Best Picture'
Chadwick's acceptance speech maybe?-)
I'm just interested mainly in seeing if Chadwick gets the
'Best Actor' gong for his last acting role as a trumpet player in the strange angry movie 'Ma Rainey's Black Bottom', which I watched on Netflix last night (Sunday night Australian time).
Being held at Union Station the ceremony is bound to be another train-wreak;-)
Chadwick Boseman (Who Played Jackie Robinson in '42') Passes Away the Year the Dodgers Win the World Series?

UPDATE: April 26th, 2021 (same day, just later)
And a train-wreak it was, too.
I haven't seen the movie 'The Father', but I, like everyone else, was thinking Chad would get the 'Best Actor' gong out of voter sympathy, since he seemed to be picking up awards for his last acting role in other award ceremonies.
So I guess it was only fitting that the actor who won last year's BA Oscar for playing The Joker would be reading out the winner:-)
And why move the 'Best Picture' from the last award handed out on the night?
Not only did Sir Anthony's win rain on the late Chadwick Boseman's Oscar parade, but his win also took the oldest BA winner off the recently deceased Christoper Plummer -

No comments:

Post a Comment