Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 1, 2021

Happy 2021 April Fool's Day?

It's
April Fool's Day here in Australia and us BrisVegans/Queenslanders are ironically waiting on a 9am announcement this morning telling us whether Brisbane and surrounding areas can come out of lock-down for Easter, or whether us and maybe the rest of the state are staying in our homes for Easter.
I can't say that my family get together down the Gold Coast is looking too good by the looks of that hint above:-(
 
UPDATE: April Fool's Day, 2021 (9:44 AM)
"GOOD TO GO" ... and why is that guy dressed like the Joker?-)
This better not be an April Fool's Day Joker?-)
I guess we have until midday today to see if this isn't just one more April Fool's Day joke, considering lock-down was meant to last until 5 pm today originally:-)
Unfortunately, the Byron Bay Bluesfest being cancelled yesterday was no joke:-(
It was never a good sign that the festival was going to kick off on April Fool's Day I guess:-)
It's like rain on your wedding day:-(
Can't even buy merch at the on-line store?
I'm still pissed off about the festival getting cancelled last year when I did have a ticket to go down there last Easter.
The last time that I remember being at Bluesfest on
April Fool's Day I had a great time
-
BIO-HAZZARD?
HAZZARD?-)
Ironically, the last big outdoor music event I can remember attending before Covid and bad weather wrecked ones I had planned on attending, featured Richard Marx singing 'Hazard' which I wrote about in this post -
Picking a Winner?
I didn't go to Bluesfest this year, because I had bought tickets to see my football team the Sharks play the Cowboys at the Sunshine Coast stadium.
Now that game has been moved to Sydney and ironically I'll be staying home now to watch it on TV:-(
I even bought a new fishing shirt to wear to the game up on the coast, too.
The Brisbane Lions beat Collingwood Magpies after the siren
At least my other favourite footy team made fool's out of "The Pies" at the end of the day, after the match was swapped from Brisbane to Melbourne:-)
But then Collingwood always had Buckley's chance of beating us when it came down to the final kick:-)
Buckley's Chance, Tsunamis, Bad Luck and the Siren?
The Sharks entered the NRL in '67:-)
And #33 scores the winner for the Lions at Easter?-)
Schrรถdinger's Can of Worms?

UPDATE: April 2nd, 2021
Just to prove to my ol'mate Spartan in the comments section below that yes, I really did buy THAT shirt :-)

8 comments:

  1. Great syncs Dazzle, I’ll assume the Sharks shirt is an April Fools Joke, surely you haven’t invested in that abomination ๐Ÿ˜‚. Good win by the Lions, that Bayley fella is your Isaac Heeney.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can assure you that I really did buy that fishing shirt and was going to wear it to the game at the Sunshine Coast Spartan.
      It looks better in real life ... just :-)
      The Lions have a fishing shirt with those skelly-fish on them too, in red and green colours.
      I was going to buy one from the Lions shop at the time I bought the Sharks shirt, but the Lions were out of Medium sized fishing shirts :-(
      My youngest son is coming over to watch the Sharks game on Saturday on Kayo and we are going to drink Southern Comfort (our [back] jersey sponsor [look under the number]) and eat Zambreros who are Sharkies sponsors (only kidding we're eating pizza, not that taco crap) and if we drink too much Southern Comfort we may need to look for our own sponsors at the local AA ;-)

      Delete
    2. No doubt you’ll be watching my teams clash (Tigers Swannies) prior to the Sharks victory over the Cowboys. And for good luck you need to wear THAT ‘shirt’. Enjoy.

      Why don’t Collingwood players walk dogs?

      Because they can’t hold a lead...

      Delete
    3. I will be watching that game Spartan ... and while wearing THAT shirt :-)
      GO THE SWANNIES!!!

      Delete
  2. I forgot, now that Bluesfest has been cancelled will the sync gods, cancel the Blues against Freo this Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ๐Ÿ˜‚ you actually did buy THAT shirt. For the love of The Kardashians - the Ancient Greek gods of fashion - please don’t wear that in Balmain (or anywhere else).

    Have you actually caught a shark whilst wearing that anti-fashion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm never gonna take it off now Spartan ;-)
      Well ... until the Cowboys vs Sharks game is over at least.
      GO THE SHARKIES!!!

      Delete