Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 10, 2019

We Are the Walruses?

I saw this news story at the ABC website about
a walrus plunging down a cliff-face to land among other dead walruses at the foot of the cliff and I couldn't help thinking of
'The Beatles''s song 'I Am the Walrus', the B side of the single
'Hello Goodbye'.
David Attenborough
So, is "global warming/climate change" as bad as they say it is?
Do you say "yes", or do you say "no"?-)
"The lyrics [for 'I Am the Walrus] came from three song ideas that Lennon had been working on, the first of which was inspired by hearing a police siren at his home in Weybridge;
Lennon wrote the lines "Mis-ter cit-y police-man" to the rhythm and melody of the siren.
Siren?-)
The second idea was a short rhyme about Lennon sitting amidst his garden, while the third was a nonsense lyric about sitting on a
corn flake.
Unable to finish the three different songs, he combined them into one.
The lyrics also included the phrase "Lucy in the sky", a reference to the Beatles' earlier song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".
Hey, wasn't Elle in 'Sirens'?-)
The walrus refers to Lewis Carroll's poem
"The Walrus and the Carpenter"
(from the book Through the Looking-Glass).
Lennon later expressed dismay upon belatedly realising that the walrus was a villain in the poem."
I guess I've just wrecked 'I Am the Walrus' for everyone now, including myself:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment