Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 27, 2020

Zealandia?

Researchers just released maps that show Zealandia in unprecedented detail, revealing its shape and how it was formed millions of years ago
I wonder what future archaeologists will make of that You Tube of Mr. Crowe's above in years to come?-)
I've just got to let any future archaeologists know that Russ made a mistake by saying that a furphy is a mistake.
A furphy is a tall tale, or outright lie ... unless I'm mistaken:-)
I wonder if they heeded any "global warming" news stories back in the day?-)

UPDATE: June 28th, 2020
I just have to add that when I was watching Russell's on line Aussie/Kiwi slang class and he held up the word "knackered", I thought to myself that while we do use the word a lot, is it really our slang word?
Anyway, after thinking about it a bit I flicked through my "My List" on Netflix and saw the Irish show 'Derry Girls' which I had added to my list after hearing good things said about the show on 
'The Screen Show' podcast.
A discussion on Derry Girls with historian and super fan Clare Monagle
And in that first 'Derry Girls' episode they use the word "knackered":-)
So unless those Derry Girls are using Aussie/Kiwi slang I'd have to say that Russ is telling you all a furphy about the word "knackered" being an Aussie/Kiwi slang word:-)
And as for "chilly bins and eskys", just to play the devil's advocate and open a chilly can of worms for PC name change in this bonkers f#cked up modern world we all live in right now, "esky" is short for "Eskimo", for those who didn't know -
The term Esky derives from the word Eskimo
All Just Eskimo Pie in the Sky?

No comments:

Post a Comment