Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 23, 2018

When I Find Myself in Times of Trouble (Paul's) Mother Mary Comes to Me (Paul) Speaking Words of Wisdom Let it Be?

I consider myself a bit of a 'Beatles' fan and I was aware Paul wrote some of his songs from dreams which he had, such as the song 'Yesterday', but it wasn't until today when I heard Rich Martini on the 'Truth Be Told' podcast mention that Paul was on 'Carpool Karaoke' recently saying he wrote 'Let It Be' when his dead mother Mary appeared to him in a dream telling him to let it be, because it was going to be alright.
The Flipside of Lennon
Julian Lennon and Rich Martini
The Flipside of Vanity
On Halloween?
I always thought Paul meant Mother Mary, like in The Virgin Mary.
I'm not a Roman Catholic (I'm a member of the Liberal Catholic Church though), but my Nan on my father's side was, and she always had religious statues and icons around her house and I find it comforting to keep a few statues of my own around my own home, hence the statue/magnet of Mary I have on top of my fridge pictured up the top of this post.
I often think of the lyrics to 'Let It Be' when I look at it when I'm in the kitchen, because I always thought that was who Paul wrote about in those lyrics.
Now after all of these years I find out Paul's mother came to him in a dream and inspired the song and it is about his mother Mary, not Mother Mary.
"McCartney said he had the idea of "Let It Be" after he had a dream about his mother during the tense period surrounding the sessions for The Beatles ("the White Album") in 1968.
According to McCartney, the song's reference to "Mother Mary" was not biblical.
The phrase has at times been used as a reference to the Virgin Mary.
Nevertheless, McCartney explained that his motherwho died of cancer when he was fourteen – was the inspiration for the "Mother Mary" lyric.
He later said: "It was great to visit with her again.
I felt very blessed to have that dream.
So that got me writing 'Let It Be'."
He also said in a later interview about the dream that his mother had told him, "It will be all right, just let it be."
When asked if the song referred to the Virgin Mary, McCartney has typically answered the question by assuring his fans that they can interpret the song however they like."
Paul might be dreaming when he mentioned his dream and writing 'Let It Be' from that dream on 'Carpool Karaoke', because wasn't Paul killed in a car crash back in 1966?-)
The things you learn on the journey, hey?-)
When that 'Carpool Karaoke' show finished with 'Hey Jude' I realized that was why I'd always assumed 'Let It Be' was about Mother Mary the religious figure, rather than Paul's actual mother.
Because I always thought 'Hey Jude' was about the religious saint, rather than Julian Lennon (which it still kind of is thoug, I reckon;-).
I'm glad I watched that 'Truth Be Told' show featuring Rich Martini, otherwise I would still be under the illusion the song 'Let It Be' was about The Holy Mother and I never would have watched that 'Carpool Karaoke' show featuring Paul.
"In May 1968, John Lennon and his wife Cynthia Lennon separated after John's affair with Yoko Ono.
The following month, Paul McCartney drove out to visit Cynthia and John's son, Julian, at Kenwood, the family's home in Weybridge.
Cynthia had been part of the Beatles' social circle since before the band's rise to fame in 1963; McCartney later said he found it "a bit much for them suddenly to be personae non gratae and out of my life."
Cynthia Lennon recalled of McCartney's surprise visit: "I was touched by his obvious concern for our welfare ... On the journey down he composed 'Hey Jude' in the car.
I will never forget Paul's gesture of care and concern in coming to see us."
"The song's original title was "Hey Jules", and it was intended to comfort Julian Lennon from the stress of his parents' separation.
McCartney later said, "I knew it was not going to be easy for him", and that he changed the name to "Jude" "because I thought that sounded a bit better"."
 Julian's mum passed away in 2015 on April 1st (AKA April Fools Day).
Just sayin';-)

No comments:

Post a Comment