Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 11, 2021

Sunset Selfie?

This newspaper story broke my heart on so many levels when I read it, as it's such a tragic and senseless waste of a young life, and especially on her 33rd birthday.
Plus it's a part of my home town that holds special memories for me when I walked along these cliffs the day before my own father passed away -
Stop the Clocks? Signs?
The Brazilian national was celebrating
her 
33rd birthday when tragedy struck
I've never seen a news story of anyone losing their life from falling off these cliffs, but I'm well aware that people have done, from my walk along the cliffs with my younger brother in 2016 when we saw a heartfelt flower arrangement and chalk message to another life lost there.
I don't plan to do the walk anytime soon, but next time I do I will leave a rose each in memory of these two lives.
Nick Cave on the Riverstage in 2017
with the
cliffs in the disatance
What's worse is that I saw Nick Cave play the Riverstage (which is directly across the river from those cliffs) in my hometown back in 2017 when he resumed touring again after Nick had taken time off touring to mourn the death of his teenage son who also fell off a cliff while taking a selfie in England -
I can only imagine what it would be like to lose a son or daughter in such a tragedy, and that is heartbreaking enough I reckon.
The Creative Brain?
Nick's Cave, Accidental Initiations, Walking the Skeleton Tree of Eight and the Shock of Recognition?

UPDATE: July 15th, 2021
I'm sure Sofia won't be the last, either, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment